Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot access anything but the Web Player

Cannot access anything but the Web Player

Hey!

I've only just recently had issues accessing quite literally every Spotify service apart from the Web Player. This includes the website, the Desktop App Download Site, the Desktop app itself, and the Android App. The Desktop App and Android App tell me I'm offline even though I'm connected to fully working internet and don't have offline mode enabled. I've reset my router multiple times, and made sure Spotify is enabled in my firewall.

I can't access Spotify's main website to view my account or redownload the Desktop App, as it just goes to the "Problem loading page: Connection has timed out screen". This is with fully working internet and access to multiple other sites, i.e. Youtube, Google, Facebook. etc... For some reason I can access the Community Site and the Web Player, and my account and playback works without any issues on the Web Player.

If I switch from Wifi to Cellular Data on my phone, Oppo A73, Spotify works with no issue. It connects and lets me playback fine. Only when I switch back to Wifi does it stop working again.

My account's email is *snip*

4 Replies

Hey @Zaccymo!

That's strange. Do you use Wifi for your computer as well?

Yes, I do. I haven't tried hotspotting my computer to my cellular, but I'm inclined to assume i'd probably have the same result...

Can anyone help out with the solution to this, been struggling and troubleshooting for about a month now 😞

Hey again,

I'm not really sure what the reason could be for your issue. It sounds as if it might be a problem with your Wifi.

I've done some research which I'm gonna list below, feel free to try them in case you haven't yet:

I really hope any of these do help you. Let me know.

I hope you can at least use the Web Player on your computer for now.

Best,

Felix

Suggested posts