Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot access my original account!

Cannot access my original account!

I have read a few of the Solutions in your Help guides, and I am still unsure and unable of how to solve my problem.  Basically, I had my original account that I created through Facebook, using my profile Kavi Mehta, the email [snip], and my Facebook password (I do not know my Spotify details - neither the username or password). Recently, my sister created a Spotify account with the username anjmehta and put in her own email and information. However, when I logged into spotify using my Facebook information (my [snip] email and my corresponding password), I was logged into my sister's anjmehta account. I also noticed that in the top right corner where it shows one's Facebook profile picture it showed my picture, not hers. I assumed that her account was logged into the wrong facebook, and read the Help guide. I went to Spotify preferences and clicked the "Disconnect from Facebook" button. After having done that, I logged out of spotify, and again tried to log in using my Facebook information ([snip] and password). This time I logged in and was confronted with a pop-up that asked me if I was "New to Spotify" or "Already a User" (something like that). I clicked the "Already a User" option but it required me to know my Spotify details, which I do not know. I tried to close this pop-up window but when I did, I got logged out. I logged in again and this time clicked the "New User" option. I then had what appeared to be my Spotify connected to my Facebook, but it did not have my playlists or my followers, and I had a 48 hour free Premium trial. I did some more research to come to the conclusion that I accidentally created a secondary account and read the Help guide titled "Secondary account created". It explained that I could not access my original account until the Premium trial ended. I waited the 48 hours to end and now I have this secondary account without Premium, but still lacking my followers and original playlists. I can find my playlist on Spotify (it is titled Dandy and has 416 tracks) but it is created by the user "124081906". I decided to look at my account information - the secondary account that I am currently logged in to - and found that on my account it shows that my username is 1288943493. I basically want to have my original account back (the one that created the playlist Dandy and is now called user 124081906) and connected to my Facebook, so that I can use my Facebook information to log into spotify (the [snip] email and the password). Please help!!!

9 Replies

Hey there, welcome to the Community. Sounds like you've got a few confused accounts.

Get in touch here and one of our support team will get back to you as soon as they can. If you include your date of birth, your sister's date of birth, and the usernames and email addresses of all accounts involved, they should be able to get things straightened out.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thank you for such a prompt response! I sent in a support request and got a standard email advising me to look at support guides and the community posts. Will I get a more in depth reply?

@koolkavi2 wrote:

Thank you for such a prompt response! I sent in a support request and got a standard email advising me to look at support guides and the community posts. Will I get a more in depth reply?

Hi,

Just to let you know, if you get an email like that, you need to respond to it directly (even if it is a no reply address), and it will be sent back over to Spotify.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hi, I have had simular problems. I was trying to sign my mom up for spotify, and she does not have a facebook account. Somehow I linked my facebook account to hers. I deactivated the facebook linked to her account, however, I can't access my original account. Can you guys delete the account "nettymcc" (my moms account, am going to get her on facebook before we attempted again), and I guess delete the other account linked to my facebook. My original account has 2 playlists made, and I am only following 1 person. Let me know if you need more information on my original account, thanks!

@user-removed wrote:

Hi, I have had simular problems. I was trying to sign my mom up for spotify, and she does not have a facebook account. Somehow I linked my facebook account to hers. I deactivated the facebook linked to her account, however, I can't access my original account. Can you guys delete the account "nettymcc" (my moms account, am going to get her on facebook before we attempted again), and I guess delete the other account linked to my facebook. My original account has 2 playlists made, and I am only following 1 person. Let me know if you need more information on my original account, thanks!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to restore your account for you, it will have been lost in the system when your details got merged into your mum's account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Having this exact problem. Heeeelppp

@lianaaaa wrote:

Having this exact problem. Heeeelppp

Get in touch using the link I posted above yours and someone at Spotify will be able to help you out. 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have a same problem. Help would be appreciated.

Joni - Please contact our customer support team here, they'll be able to help further.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts