Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot buy Unlimited from abroad.

Cannot buy Unlimited from abroad.

Hello. I have a friend in FYROM who wants to buy an Unlimited account but the problem is that Spotify seems to not accept Macedonian credit cards/banks.

I am just confused since I can use my Unlimited account anywhere in the world but can't purchase. 

Thanks. - T

3 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Your friend will be unable to use Spotify as FYROM is not a Spotify launch country (The full list of countries where Spotify is available is on this page).

You need to be a resident in one of the launch countries and have a method of payment from that country in order to subscribe. Once you have subscribed, then your account will work anywhere in the world providing you continue to pay for it from your home country.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the answer. I don't mean to bump this old thread but I am just wondering if I can send my friend a gift card with him being in FYROM.

Logically, unlimited and/or premium allows to listen abroad. So any workaround so that my friend can get a paid Spotify account?

Your friend would be unable to create a Spotify account to use the code on in the FYROM.

You could try setting a premium account up for them, and then giving them the login details as the premium gives you international travel.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts