Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot buy premium with PayPal? No error message?

Cannot buy premium with PayPal? No error message?

Hello, I've just made an account and I would like to buy the three months premium for 99 cents. When I try to do this with PayPal all proceeds normally and after I click "confirm payment and continue" it puts me back on the promotion page. I was never charged the 99 cents, I was never given the premium. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

27 Replies

I have the same problem: read on. You shouls check your Paypal account!
I have juste sent Spotify the following message:

================================

I live in France.
My login name is XXXXXXX. My e-mail: xxx@yyy.fr.

1. I tried to take your promotional offer with a Chromecast: 2 months free trial, for Premium.
2. I tried to use Paypal to subscribe.
3. Your system failed SEVERAL TIMES, pretending my payment service: "Paypal", has a communication problem, telling me to try again, with the assurance that no subscription has been registered.
4. I went to my Paypal account, and found that SEVEN recurring pre-approved payments to Spotify have been registered. Each with a billed amount of 0,01 EUR.
- As of now, I still have no Premium service.
- On your forum, at least a dozen customers had the same complaint (using Paypal -> fail). No response from any of your customer representatives to this problem.

Question 1: How can you run a serious business, with these methods?
Question 2: How can I subscribe using Paypal?
Regards...

same problem here

I am having the same issue too. I have tried a few times but don't want to keep attempting incase I get charged all of a sudden.

Was this issue ever resolved?

Has spotify contacted anyone regarding this or said what the issue may be?

Waiting on the customer service team for a reply, so far no known solution from community that works...

Update: They probably don't have a proper fix for this yet after all this time, at the end they simply requested I change to a different payment method.

Well, there goes another month without premium, or until they get this fixed (cries inside)

I have been contacted by Spotify customer service and they advised to try and purchase with another form of payment other the  PayPal. Will try soon.

same problem here.

exactly the same problem. Maybe Apple Music is actually better. At least they let me pay for the service whereas spotify apparently doesn't want my money.

Suggested posts