Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change a country, no matter what I do.

Cannot change a country, no matter what I do.

Hi all,

I'm an Israeli who lives in the Netherlands. I am a premium user of this amazing service using an iDEAL as a payment method (Dutch payment method). 
I'm moving back to Israel and trying to change the country in my subscription from the Netherlands to Israel without any success.
I've followed different threads here in the community, none of them solved my issue.
Also, I followed the official Spotify guide to change a country (https://support.spotify.com/il/article/How-can-I-change-my-country-setting/) - again, without a success. When entering my Israeli credit card, it is supposed to prompt a country change, but instead, it says: "Your payment method and country don't match, to continue, change your account's location or use a different payment method".

Any suggestions?

6 Replies

Hey @Ananda_shake,

Please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or use an incognito window.

In case you get the same results, you can cancel the current subscription, wait until the account goes back to Free, update the country, and then resubscribe.

When your account gets downgraded to Spotify Free, no saved songs etc. will get deleted.

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi

I have exactly the same issue, I moved from GB to ZA (South Africa), and had exactly the same experience when I tried to update my payment details. I thought it might just be a consequence of Spotify coming to South Africa only recently. 

I've downgraded to free, and I'll see how things pan out when my premium subscription ends. 

Hey LK608,

Thank you for the fast response. 
I tried cleaning my browser cache and cookies and used an incognito window - no success. The same message was popping up.
So, you want to tell me that the only way is to switch to a free version, wait for days until the account goes back to free (i.e. lose all premium features while waiting) and only then re-subscribe with Israel as the chosen country?

ha ha ha.. I'm sorry, but it feels a bit 1995.. 🙂
That's a big drawback for Spotify.. 
Alright, if I don't have any other choice I'll do that.
Thank you again 🙂

Hey again @Ananda_shake,

I'm afraid that's the only way to change your country as a Premium user at the moment.

But the Spotify Team should be working on this, so this will work again in the future 🙂

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star

I’m trying but even for a premium account and a valid credit card it’s not working. How can we do?

Hey @Mattiabiagio,

Have you tried all the steps I mentioned above?

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star

Suggested posts