Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change country

Cannot change country

ı signed up to join a family plan but for some reason spotify set my location as the 

US instead of Turkey. I checked my IP and it shows I'm in Istanbul. 

Running the web player didnt help either. 

Please help

6 Replies

i've signed up for Spotify Premium but i'm currenly based in netherlands for educational exchange, but the rest of my family is based in Singapore which would be where I would be going back in the month.

But i am unable to change my country setting from Netherlands to Singapore, please help!

No help from spotify?

Hello @kaanalpat, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Which country is set up on your account?

If you had had Premium before you'll need to change your payment details in order to change your country, this means, add a Turkish card.

Hello @clarencethy, welcome to the Spotify Community!

You need to be in Singapore in order to change your country, you can't change it because your IP doesn't matchs Singapore.

Hello

My father has a spotify Premium account - and wants to add me to his family plan. 

I don't have a premium account. 

His account (emrahalpat) is registered in Turkey with a Turkish credit card, 

my account finally shows Turkish - but we can't add my account to the family plan - says "you need to be in the same country". 

I added screenshots Below. 

I deleted your screenshots because they showed the email, just for security.

You should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form, or tweeting to @SpotifyCares.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

Suggested posts