Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change location to the UK

Solved!

Cannot change location to the UK

Hello everyone,

I have Spotify since 2014 and I have been Premium for a few years now. I am from Chile and have always used a credit card issued there. However, I have been living in the UK for a few months now so I want to change my location here (because Spotify keeps recommending 'Latin' lists just because my account is Chilean even though I am not a fan of Latin music). 

However, when I tried to update the payment method on Google Chrome on my Macbook, it gave me multiple options (including the US, many countries in Europe and Latin America) except for the UK. I also tried to choose different payment methods to see if the UK came up as an alternative, but it did not.

I have cancelled my Premium account to see if I could change the location that way, but now it does not even give me the option. If I try to get Premium again, it assumes I want to keep Chile as my location, and if I try to use my credit card issued in the UK, it says it does not match my location.

I am physically in London and I am not using a VPN so that cannot be the issue. 

I would appreciate your help as I really want to have a UK Spotify, but I do not want to have to create a new account, as I do not want to lose the songs I have saved since 2014. 

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @nacevedopena,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you double-check that you followed these exact steps?

It would also be great if you can try in a incognito/private window. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @nacevedopena,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you double-check that you followed these exact steps?

It would also be great if you can try in a incognito/private window. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi! Yes I had followed those steps.

I was able to change my location to the UK. After that, when I chose the Student Premium subscription, it would still tell me that my credit card issued in the UK did not match my location (even though my location was the UK).

I tried to do it on Incognito Mode after and it did work! So I suppose it was a problem of Spotify assuming my location was still Chile even though I had changed it to the UK and I am physically in the UK.

Anyway, thank you very much!

Best, 

Hey @nacevedopena,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Glad to hear it worked out and you were able to change the country and subscribe to Premium for Students.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Stay safe!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts