Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change my email adress

Cannot change my email adress

I have registered spotify with an old email adress, and I want to change it. However when I try to change the email in user settings I get a message that the adress is already taken by another account.

I cannot remember registering another account with my new email, but I might have forgotten. Anyway I log out and select "I've forgotten my login details" and enter the adress I'm told is registered with another account. 

Then I get a message that this account is no longer active. So I can't change my email in my active acount, and I can't delete or remove my email from the other account.  I'm no longer using the old email adress, so I don't get any emails about important stuff like renewing my payment.

Any way to fix this?  

1 Reply

Haakenlid:

Welcome to the Community!

Your issue will likely require direct contact with Spotify in order to correct your email address.  The best way to contact Spotify is to use the Contact Form, which you can get to by clicking on About Us at the top of the page, and then clicking on Contact Form.  You will at the very least want to include the email address of the old account (which is the email address you want to use on your current Spotify account), as well as the old email address you no longer wish to use.  The more information you can give to them describing your issue, the faster they will be able to help you with it.

Hope you get the issue resolved quickly!

Suggested posts