Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change my profile settings (country)

Cannot change my profile settings (country)

Hello!

Please I need your help and I am no computer or internet expert.  I just moved to the Netherlands, and I cannot change my country of residence in order to use Spotify in my new home country.  I signed in through Facebook, and in my Facebook account I have already changed my place of residence.  Could you please help me?  I cannot listen to music because of this.

Thanks!

Best regards, 

Daniela

7 Replies

Hey! Could you let me know if you have a Premium subscription? You can check your subscription status here.

HI! No, I do not have Premium, I am a free user.

Hello!

I followed instruction and send a query to fix my problem, and it has not been fixed yet.  I cannot login to Spotify because it says I am not in my country of residence according to my profile.  But I cannot change country of residence in my profile (I already did in Facebook).

Please help!

Daniela 

I've had a variation of this, my account has decided I'm in the US instead of the UK. I've been a premium user for years.

Now I can't use any of my accounts and the location seems to be locked to the UK! Somewhat annoying, and seemlngly nothing I can do about it, apart from subscribe in USD...

Hello @DanielaMoye 

Have you received your case number from support?

If support replies you to check community for a solution or if you received your case number (#XXXXXXXX), please reply back even if there is "no reply" tag and tell that you still need help. If your inbox is empty please check spam.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

@markmayne

Follow the directions here how to contact support:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Unable-to-change-country-settings-as-a-free-user/idi...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts