Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change payment details

Cannot change payment details

I am trying to update my credit card details since getting a new one.  I am entering my information under the Subscription/Payment where it gives me an option via the "Update" button.

When I enter my cc info, it brings me to another screen to verify my student status.  I am not a student and do not have anything to enter here.  I need a normal $9.99 subscription, but there is no other way to enter the info and it brings me to this student screen no matter what I do.  If I press "continue" to move forward without that info it will not let me.

6 Replies

Hi @SLEO, help's here!

Could you try following these steps in an incognito window? Let us know if you're still seeing the option for the student discount when following this.

We'd also suggest trying it on another device if you're experiencing difficulty on your current one.

Keep us posted, we'll be right here!

Hello, I am having this same issue right now and no idea how to fix it. Has this issue been solved? 

I’m having the same issue. I chatted online with a rep yesterday who said I had to delete my family plan and then change it back. That sounds like a lot of work. Family would have to be re-invited all over again. What is the phone number to call and change the card??

This is what I had to do: Login to Spotify from my Macbook, and pay via Paypal. I received an email that confirmed it was changed. I don't like the fact I had to use PP and couldn't simply update my new card, I hope they have tech people to fix the glitch.

same glitch here.. and this spammed up help section is ridiculous.

This was quite a while ago now but I believe I had to remove premium from
my account and switch to free Spotify, and then reactivate premium in order
to enter my new payment details. It was pretty stupid; I'm surprised
Spotify has not resolved this issue and that people are still having it.

Suggested posts