Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change region to my account

Solved!

Cannot change region to my account

Hey there,

I'm having an issue where it's not updating my region from the EU (Malta) to the UK and is still charging my UK card in Euros...

I can't fix this and now I can't listen to my music EVEN THOUGH it says I'm premium but still locks my account out for being aboard after 14 days. 

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@electrapopstep

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase? In it, it shows your Spotify username

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

First of all, you should check your payment receipts to see when was the last payment made:

https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/receipt/

If everything looks good, try by cancelling your subscription and deleting your payment info. You will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've cancelled and removed your payment info, update your country (if you haven't done so already) and resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, an the country of your IP address.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

@electrapopstep

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase? In it, it shows your Spotify username

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

First of all, you should check your payment receipts to see when was the last payment made:

https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/receipt/

If everything looks good, try by cancelling your subscription and deleting your payment info. You will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've cancelled and removed your payment info, update your country (if you haven't done so already) and resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, an the country of your IP address.

osorniosSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

hi i cannot update my region to reflect my new residence. please help locked to the US

Hi there @acookymonster

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

If you have an active Premium subscription, in order to change your account's country settings to the country you're currently living in, you need to change your payment method to one issued in the same country where you're currently living, by following the steps in this article. Keep in mind that the country change will take place in your next billing date.

If you're a member of a Premium Family/Premium Duo plan registered in the country you were living in, you'd need to leave it first, if you want to change your country settings. Also, keep in mind that these subscriptions are only for users who live at the same physical address.

Lastly, if you're currently on the free service, you should be able to change your country settings right away following the steps in the link I sent previously. If you're having issues doing so, could try again from an incognito window and a different device? 

Keep us posted on how it goes 🙂 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts