Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change the Country to Kosovo

Solved!

Cannot change the Country to Kosovo

Hello Spotify , thank you for allowing Balkan Countries to use Spotify . 
We live in Kosova. I bought a Family plan , and it changed my country to Kosova automatically. But my other family members can not change the Country to Kosovo . It says only Serbia . Can you help us please ? 
i cant invite my famoly

to my plan . 

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

Kosova

Device

Different 

Operating System

Different 

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

We really appreciate your reporting this and providing us all the relevant info. 

Our developers have investigated this but unfortunately we're unable to change this on our end.

We'd suggest reaching out to your Internet Service Provider to ensure that your IP address matches your region and is seen as such to any external services. They should be able to update this through MaxMind.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Hey @Aresabazi,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community! We are happy to have you here 🙂

Did your family members start a Premium Individual subscription with a Serbian payment method? If that is the case, they must cancel their subscription and wait until their account reverts to free. This page shows you how. If they are actually in Kosovo, they should then be able to update their country settings.

If that's not the case or the issue persists, they can try updating their country using an incognito browser page. Sometimes data stored in the browser can cause such behavior and this is an easy way to avoid it. On most browsers this can be done using the Ctrl + Shift + n keys or through the setting menu.

Your family members should also make sure they don't have VPN activated. This might also be interfering with the country settings.

Hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do for you, just keep us posted.

Have a wonderful day 🙂

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have same issue too without any subscription. Spotify thinks my IP is in Serbia, but it isn't. 

It is not a problem for me tho, because it shows only in "Edit profile" section. But it can be a problem if I decide to buy a subscription.

opera_DU14IIKoMa.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us! We've made the right teams aware of this and they are looking into it.

If you're having difficulties changing your country settings, we'd first off recommend you try the following:

If that doesn't work, it'd be great if you could leave a comment with the following details:

• Your internet provider
  • Troubleshooting steps you tried

We'll keep an eye out for your replies!

XeniaModerator

Dear Xenia,

Since I am having the same problem I will write the troubleshooting steps up until now.

- Different Browser - not working

- Incognito Mode - not working

- Different device - not working

- Mobile Data - not working

- New account - not working
- Didn't have any VPN-s on.

My internet provider: IPKO Telecommunications

Thanks in advance

**UPDATE**

Trying with Telkos L.L.C. provider works.

Tried with IPKO Telecommunications and ArtMotion (They didn't work).

Hope I helped someone 🙂

Kosovo ISPs use IPs from Macedonia, Albania and Serbia. Your family members should change country from the same IP you've changed it. Also, try from your computer to change the country for all the family members.

Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

We really appreciate your reporting this and providing us all the relevant info. 

Our developers have investigated this but unfortunately we're unable to change this on our end.

We'd suggest reaching out to your Internet Service Provider to ensure that your IP address matches your region and is seen as such to any external services. They should be able to update this through MaxMind.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

XeniaModerator

Hey Ekrapi, I just tried with Telkos after reading your comment and it still didn't work :(. Did you also do something else like clear cookies and history and sign in from the beginning or no? 

Hope you reply 

Thank you

Hey Ekrapi, I just tried with Telkos after reading your comment and it still didn't work :(. Did you also do something else like clear cookies and history and sign in from the beginning or no?

Hope you reply

Thank you

Hey @Maltinaj!

Thanks for reaching out.

If you're still not able to change your country setting, we'd recommend following the steps in @Xenia's last post here and reach out to your Internet service provider.

They should be able to get in touch with MaxMind and request for this to be updated via the link above.

Keep us in the loop in you still need any help.

ElenaModerator

Thank you for this advise,

Unfortunately neither the ISP can change the country to Kosovo, since MaxMind has not listed Kosovo as an option to select. This can be confirm by listing the countries available in https://support.maxmind.com/geoip-data-correction-request/correct-a-geoip-location/

This may change only in case Spotify developers investigate the option to allow users, that are identified by the iplocator with country in Albania or Serbia, to manually change their country to Kosovo. In case this will not work, the users in Kosovo will not be able to use the premium family plan.

We look forward that your team will check this further and give us a possible solution.

Hey there @artrr123,

Thank you for your answer and for the provided information.

In this case we recommend that you reach out to MaxMind directly for more info. Another option is that your ISP chooses Europe in the menu and describes the situation in more detail.

Here is the link that you can provide it to your ISP so that they can submit a ticket with MaxMind.

We're always one reply away if you have further questions. 

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

Greetings,

My IP at MAXMIND shows Country Code "XK", but still the same problem at Spotify Account, cant change Contry, shows only Albania, Kosovo is not showing up.

P.S

I can tell you my IP to verify it yourself.

Hey @ndricim

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

If this issue persists even after getting in touch with MaxMind it's a good idea to reach out to your Internet service provider as well. 

Make sure you provide this link when contacting them. They'll be able to use it for submitting a ticket to MaxMind. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

After this what will be the next thing, to end world hunger

Hey there,

I think a found a solution to this that worked for me.

What you need to do is purchase an individual premium plan first, and make the payment with Kosovo card. That way Spotify will change your country to Kosovo automatically. (Spotify gives you 3 months for free so you won't be charged at all).

After this step, you can cancel your individual premium plan and join your family premium plan.

All the best,

Gent

Hi,

Try with Vala (4G) it will show Kosovo in the list. Other ISP-s have not updated their IPs.

I can tell you how it will work 100 %. The family persons that want to use it should subscribe to the 1 months free trial plan from Spotify and insert your payment details. It will first not work, because Spotify thinks you are in Serbia but the card is from Kosovo but you can change your country if you scroll down on the page. After you change it to Kosovo and save the plan with the payment details Spotify will update the country to Kosovo and wont change it anymore. After you do that, cancel that trial plan and accept the invite link from the family plan manager and it wont be a problem :).

Yeah, that is basically what i said upper. This is the only way for the moment.

Suggested posts