I'm sorry but I didn't know which category to put my question in so I put it here in hope of someone being able to answer.
Since a few days back I cannot connect to devices such as my TV, car, amplifier or Chromecast (CC). I will try to explain the conditions as best I can because they seem weird.
I'm normally constantly logged in to Spotify on my desktop, phone (android) and tablet (android) and I have been able to connect to all of the above devices from these three units (except to my car where I only use my phone).
So, now whenever I try to connect to my amp or CC from either desktop, phone or tablet I just get the "connecting" icon/text showing but after a short while it stops trying to connect and fails.
I notice that the connection sort of gets triggered on the target device but it doesn't really complete the connection. The weirdest result, and I think they key to all this, is when trying to connect to CC (which is connected to my TV). Then, spotify gets "triggered", but not completed, and on the TV screen it shows a song by another artist/album (some old song by Europe) that I've probably listened to at some point but it's not the song I tried to connect with. It doesn't play this song though unless i start playback with my TV remote.
Other apps on my phone/tablet works to connect to CC. My girlfriend can connect via spotify normally and we're on a family plan. The weirdest thing though is that when I log in to spotify on her phone I can connect to CC but on her phone it then shows that it's playing that song by Europe that it displays when I try to connect via my "normal" devices!?! It does not, on her phone, show the actual song that is playing on CC. It's so wierd, like that song got "stuck" in my account somehow. If my girlfriend logs in to her spotify account on my phone or tablet she can connect to CC and amp normally. If I then log her out and log in myself again I just get the same connection error as previously described.
Also, if I connect to the spotify web player it always shows that it's currently playing that song by Europe but when I press "play" it doesn't play it. I cannot even play any song as a matter of fact. I just get the message "waiting for gew-spclient.spotify.com" followed by "waiting for www.google.com" for about a second...then nothing happens. (UPDATE! I got it to play songs by selecting "listen on this web browser HOWEVER it still says that it's playing that Europe song even though it's playing something completely else!! AND I got it to connect to my amp via the web player BUT if I connect while listening to any song it immediately plays that Europe song on the amp and I cannot select any other song because then it just stops playing completely)
I've tried logging out on all my normal devices but it makes no difference when I log in again. Spotify app is updated, tried uninstalling/reinstalling but I've come to the point where I believe it is account related rather than device related.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hey there @Fedorov1977,
thanks for posting !
This sounds like you're having an account issue, since other accounts have no problem connecting from your device.
The only thing i suggest for you to do is to create a new account, transfer all their saved music over to it, and then close the old account.
You can use this Spotify Answer in order to get all the info needed on how to do it properly.
This should help solving the issue you're having.
Let me know how it goes 🙂