Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot create German account because already have English one

Solved!

Cannot create German account because already have English one

Hi,

I got spotify about 7 months ago, and now the six months has run out and I am only able to play each song 5 times, I wanted to get a german spotify account. I cannot do this though because you can only create an account with facebook and my facebook is already registered to the english account.
Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You should be able to change the country on your account by going to this link: https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/change-payment/ and logging in with your Facebook account. You will also need to update your payment information if you have a paid subscription, as your credit card details must match the country in your Spotify account.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You don't have to get a subscription to change your country.

Spotify wants you to insert any payment details, when you change your country - even if you haven't had a subscription before and even if you don't want to get one afterwards.

I changed my country today - had a free account for the US and now it's working in Germany without problems! 🙂

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

You should be able to change the country on your account by going to this link: https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/change-payment/ and logging in with your Facebook account. You will also need to update your payment information if you have a paid subscription, as your credit card details must match the country in your Spotify account.

hi,

ok, but what about then when Im using the free version? I was signed before from Finland, but now I can`t change it to free version in Germany. ( I never had premium or so..) It guides me straight only for the payable versions.

??

thanks!

Hey, I have got exactly the same problem. I studied in the Netherlands for half a year and started using the free version which I would like to continue to use. Now I moved back to Germany and would like to change my profile in order to be able to continue using spotify for free. I neither have a credit card nor pay pal and also do not want to change to a premium account. I'm very grateful for any help on how to solve this problem.

will I have to pay anything?--> i never put any credit card info in before
and will I start the six month spotify open from the start? 

Same problem for me too.  I was originally registered in USA.  But I live in Germany.  Now want to use the free version but it only lets me change country if I switch to paid.

Marked as solution

You don't have to get a subscription to change your country.

Spotify wants you to insert any payment details, when you change your country - even if you haven't had a subscription before and even if you don't want to get one afterwards.

I changed my country today - had a free account for the US and now it's working in Germany without problems! 🙂

Just to add some clarification to this thread:

In order to change the country in your account, you must also update payment information - even if you have a free account.  Updating your payment information in this way will not change your subscription or charge your card - it only serves to verify your address in this situation.

If you do not have a credit card, or are otherwise unable to change your country for some reason, the only way to change it is to contact Spotify directly with your inquiry.  You can contact them using the contact form, which is available by clicking the "Contact" link under the "About Us" section on the footer of this page, and then clicking on the Contact Form link.

Sorry.  None of this is working.  I was able to change my location to Germany, but I still get message that I cannot use the free subscription.  The only way I see to submit my credit card information (!) is by upgrading to a premium account.  This is very frustrating.

Josquin - I can see in your account that you haven't changed over the country in your account just yet. You can change the country in your account page here: https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

You will need to add payment details, but don't worry, we won't charge you. The card that you use will have to match the country you've chosen, otherwise the country will not change. Once it is changed over, simply log out of your Spotify and log in again.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts