Country

Norway/Sweden

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10/Debian

My Question or Issue

Hi,

Im trying to create a new spotify account for my son to use. But every time i press the green "SIGN UP" button the reCAPTCHA resets. And i have to do it again, but then it just resets again.

I've tried this on the following devices/browsers:

From Norway

Windows 10 (work computer): chrome / edge

Windows 10 (home computer): chrome

Android 10 (Pixel 2 XL): chrome

From Sweden (with VPN)

Debian VM: opera

This is ridiculus and stuff is seriously broken here. Please fix this asap or offer a work around.

7 Replies

Hi @dmncr,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Could you try signing up in an Incognito Window? This should prevent any cache-related issues from getting in the way of you creating an account. 

What you can also try is signing up over 4G, for example, to give it a shot over a different connection. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi, 

I already tried those things (and using different browsers is equivalent to incognito mode).

Hi there @dmncr,

It's possible that your son isn't yet old enough to register an account with us. There is a minimum sign-up age which can be checked here

If your son's date of birth indicates that he’s currently under the required age to use Spotify, you won't be able to create an account for him at this point. 

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout in case you have any further questions.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, if you enter an age that's to low the form tell you so, so that's not the issue.

I was able to create an account for him yesterday by just trying yet another time. Based on some googling issue seems to have been present for several years.

The level of support offered in regard to this has been very low, one didn't read my problem description throughoutly enough and the other suggested the issue might be something else (although the issue is described in detail).

Im paying for this..

I am having the same problem. Did you ever correct it? I am about to cancel my family subscription! Thanks.

After a few days, when I tired again it just worked. Maybe reCaptcha is extra tough for Spotify due to many bots trying to generate accounts. But either way that shouldn't stop real users from doing it.

So for lack of better advice, try again tomorrow (or the day after) or try something else 🙂 

Hey @dmncr and @MOTdas123

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to clarify, reCAPTCHA is a service from Google that helps protect websites from spam and abuse (e.g. unusual traffic from your network or malware presence) and is not managed by the associated websites or apps themselves. If  you're experiencing similar issues in the future, it'd be great to try the following:

1. Clear your cache and cookies. 

2. Disable any browser extensions one by one to see if the issue is solved at any point in this process.

3. Try resetting your modem or router.

4. If you are using a VPN, try uninstalling VPN browser plugin or program.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts