Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot create accounts for my wife and son

Cannot create accounts for my wife and son

I have a family premium account.  My wife and I both use Spotify on our Iphones but see the same music.  Basically we both sign in under my e-mail address.  I want to create an account for my wife so she will only see the music she selected.  I have tried to send her an invite but when she opens the link it states she already has an account.  So when we try to reset the password for her account it states that she signs in via facebook.  She doesn't, she alway signs into spotify under my e-mail.

How do I unravel this, I am going around in circles.

Also how do I create an account for my son who is not yet old enough to have an e-mail address.  

3 Replies

Hi @dereksharon!

In order to invite your family to your Premium for Family plan, they'll need to create a Spotify account first by going here.

Once they create their accounts, you can send them their invites on this page.

Let us know how everything goes 🙂 

Hi Sebaspantoja,

I'm afraid that only takes me to the Spotify main page.

How do I create accounts for my wife (Spotify thinks there is an account already associated with her e-mail address but won't let us change the password) and my son (who doesn't have an e-mail address)?

Apologies but I am going to need some more direction than your average user.

Thanks

Derek

No worries @dereksharon!

It might be possible that your wife has a Facebook-created account. This means that she needs to click on the "Log in with Facebook" button to access her account.

In order for your son to create an account, he needs to have an email address or a Facebook profile. Then, he can create his Spotify account by going here (make sure to log out from your own account before creating your son's account).

Any other questions, just give us a shout. 

Suggested posts