Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot find facebook login

Cannot find facebook login

Hey, i am trying to connect my spotify to my facebook account but under settings where this post tells me to find the login it doesnt show it.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Is-it-possible-to-change-the-picture-of-the-discover-weekl...

Spotify.png
3 Replies

Hey @Hannibaru

If you login to the Spotify website account page here, do you see the option to connect to Facebook anywhere?

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No i do not

Hey @Hannibaru

Thanks for trying that out.

It sounds like you created your Spotify account through Facebook, which is why you're unable to see this option in Settings. To double-check this, could you log out of Spotify, and log back in with the Log in with Facebook button? If it works, then you know you have a Facebook-created Spotify account.

If you want to switch your Spotify account to a new Facebook account you would need to create a new Spotify account. It is recommend to create a new Spotify account with an email address and password this time so that your Spotify account is independent of your Facebook account. That way you can disconnect and connect any Facebook account as you wish at any time.

1. If your current account is on a Premium subscription, cancel it (you can resubscribe on your new account).
    Note: If you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to your new account until 12 months have elapsed since you signed up for it.
  2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE at the bottom.
  3. Create your new account.
    Note: It’s not possible to have two accounts with same email address. If you’d like to keep the email address associated with your old account, you first need to close the old account.

Any saved music and playlists will still be on your old account, but you can save / create them again on your new account.

Then after you create your new Spotify account you can connect it to your Facebook account. You may need to go into your Facebook settings --> apps and remove your old Spotify account from your Facebook account first.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts