Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot find my friend who is a member and I know their username

Solved!

Cannot find my friend who is a member and I know their username

Hi everyone

I cannot find my friend who is a Spotify member despite knowing their username.  I have been succesfully searched for them over the past 18 months but now a search turns up nothing.  I have contacted my friend and they have not changed anything.  We both have free accounts and neither of us are fully computer literate.

Any help or ideas would be gratefully received

Thank you in anticipation

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No, just the username. For an example, my username is patrozoo so to do a search for me you should write this

spotify:user:patrozoo

And if you're friends username is freebird you should type in spotify:user:freebird 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Have you tried to search like this: spotify:user:username? Where you replace username with the actual username.  For an example, spotify:user:spotify 

I take it you mean that if the user is called john smith and his username is freebird then the search would be :-

john smith freebird

I have tried that with no success unfortunately.

My friend has also tried searching for himself from his sons spotify account with no success

Marked as solution

No, just the username. For an example, my username is patrozoo so to do a search for me you should write this

spotify:user:patrozoo

And if you're friends username is freebird you should type in spotify:user:freebird 

Thank you

I went straight onto my freinds account / site. 

Many thanks, We really appreciate your help

Silver Lad

Glad I could help 🙂

Many thanks for your help recently.  Currently we are still having to find my friend by way of spotify:user:username.  Have you any idea why this is happening and how we can get back to normal?

I did what you showed as a solution. 

The thing is that spotify shows a profile of my friend as if it's not clickable. It's like if it was not available. 

But I went to my friend's home and it works fine and it's active!...

Suggested posts