Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot get rid of Facebook and cannot delete my account

Cannot get rid of Facebook and cannot delete my account

I have an old account I hoped to reopen again. The old account was connected to Facebook and I wanted to get rid of that. Here is what I tried:

Searched to find a receipt to disconnect from Facebook. Found a receipt that involved changing the Device password. Got errors when trying to change that password with Spotify. Had to give it up.

Read dozens of posts on the issue and learned that it was close to impossible to get rid of Facebook. Best suggestion: delete account and open a new

Looked for how to delete my account. Read dozens of posts explaining this was close to impossible. Some moderators said I needed to contact support to do it - "just fill out the contact form".

I located the contact form on the About us/contact page. Every link on that page worked except the contact form. Accidentally? Not sure ... 

After 2 hours trying to accomplish this trivial task I am now giving it up ... I cannot get rid of Facebook and I cannot delete my account ... and I cannot use Spotify. Of course, I could just create a new account with a new e-mail address ... hardly my preferred option ...

This was not the "welcome back" I had hoped for.

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If the link does not work, try using a different browser or computer.

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you helping me wit this, I managed to contact support and are now waiting.

You're welcome! 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts