Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot join family due to "joining counter"

Cannot join family due to "joining counter"

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I am currently moved to free account, however I joined the family before. Some weeks ago (it took a while before I realized an issue and I post here) I started to be not able to log on my mobile device into spotify app. It was weird behaviour. Spotify says I went to free account. Surprisingly, as my dad says, there is a counter for joining the family. It is kind of restricting me to join the family now. And before that counter (restriction) is reset, I cannot accept any invitation (we tried to invite me again).

Could you please help?

7 Replies

Hey @PGTomsk, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this.

Do you have any trouble accepting the ivnite to the plan using an incognito window? What about with a different device?

Let us know how it goes.

what is "incognito window"?

Actually the invite works, I mean I accepted the invite and was in the app for a couple of days in June. Then in some morning my phone dropped me to sign in page. And when I enter the credentials it does not let me in anymore.

I tried on both smartphones that I have. I also use the app on the Windows PC - same thing, I cannot login. When I log into the website - then I see that I am not part of the family plan anymore.

My dad then tested with the new invite and he told me that I cannot enter into family anymore and he experienced this problem earlier and suggested to "rask support to reset the counter, there is a restriction to how many times you can join families". My account actually joined the family in April. Then there was some problem, and I rejoined the family in June again via new invitation. 

Hey @PGTomsk.

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this. In this case, it'd be best to reach out to us here. Our team will take a look at your account to see what we can do.

Hope that helps.

"here" you have 

1. support site - I reviewed many articles, I did not find solution

2. community - I am using it having a current thread, do I do it incorrectly?

3. contact us - I sent an email, but no reply.

4. tweeter - unfortunately this is the only thing I did not try as I do not have that acount.

What exactly is your suggestion? I feel like I am following it, but it is not helpful.

Hey @PGTomsk.

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

If you've reached out to us via email, it's best to wait for our team to get back in touch with you.

Be sure to keep an eye on that inbox 🙂

Support via email indeed gave me a feedback. Here it is in quote:

Spoiler

We have some quick options we think can help you:

• Try searching our support site with your questions.
  • Go to the Spotify Community. Even if there isn’t already an answer there to your question, you can post it and someone will answer quickly.
  • You can also message our support team @SpotifyCares at Twitter.

All the best

I followed step 1. And I am now at step 2.

I do not find any helpful support actually. What should I test, what should I try. Everyone is telling me to search for solution myself, and if I fail - post it "somewhere", where I get the same initial recommendation 😞 disappointed.

Hey @PGTomsk.

The email you received is an automated response. Could you let us know if someone got in touch with you after the initial email you received?

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

Suggested posts