Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot link Spotify to Facebook

Cannot link Spotify to Facebook

I am having problems connecting my regular Spotify account user (created long ago before the Facebook account could be used to login to Spotify) to Facebook.

When I login as my Spotify user in the Spotify client on my desktop and choose to link to Facebook in the preferences, I am led trough the connection wizard, enter my facebook details and my Facebook 2-step authorisation code, Facebok has me approve the permission for the Spotify app, but once that is finished, the Spotify desktop client just says that "this account cannot be connected to Facebook".

I have tried linking though the account settings at spotify.com, but get the error "there has been a temporary error, try again later", and no matter how long I wait and retry, it still fails.

I can log in to Spotify with my facebook account, but then none of my playlists are there and it seems not to realise I have spotify premium, so this is not a viable option.

Is there a way to fix this?

2 Replies

Hey there, it seems your Facebook account is already connected to a Spotify account. Get in touch here and one of our support team will be able to fix things up. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thank you for the quick reply. I have submitted a support question through the form and hope this can be resolved through that channel.

Suggested posts