Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot log in or reset password

Cannot log in or reset password

Cannot log to my account on desktop /mobile/web client

when i try to log in using facebook i have this error - "This webpage has a redirect loop ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS"

when i try to reset my password i have this error - "The username or email you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account."

when i try to log in using using my user/pass i have this error - "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area" (error code from responce - {"error":"errorUnknown"})

this problem reproduced whole day!!!

17 Replies

I've had the same problem for 4 days now. Tried contacting support and no email replies. Ive tried twitter too and all I got was that they would get back to me soon. 

Hi there,

I know this might sound like a dumb idea, but would you mind reseting the computer that you are trying to access the account from and then try logging in through a web browser again?

Let us know how that goes!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Nope. Still doesnt work. Over the web it still says "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS". Over mobile it just says Username or Password is incorrect even though it's not.

I would try to reset your password through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/?ref=in_top#!/article/change-password

If that doesn't work, then this page should solve your problem entirely as it mainly has to do with logging in. If none of the steps on this page work then click the link at the bottom to get in contact with Spotify directly. 

https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/problems-logging-in-to-spotify/

i have the same problem and tried to reset the pw several times..... and everytime i try to set a new pw, no matter how long it takes me, there comes this annoying error sign telling me that i was to slow and that the pw can´t be changed.

also i didn´t get any answert to my mails. 
i cant use my account for 3 weeks already and i dont want to pay for this!

any new ideas how to deal with that?

thank you!!!

Did you try the last directions I gave? Spotify support should contact you in 24-48 hours, and if that doesn't happen then I would personally send another message and then start using their social media accounts to get support. 

Sometimes you have to be a little persistent to get what you want. Spotify deals with a lot of issues and some fall through the cracks. 

Also, don't wait 3 weeks for a response from a company EVER. That is completely unacceptable unless you made a mistake in submitting some information to them. 

Please let us know how it works out AFTER you've gone through all of the instructions listed and have contacted support and waited the appropriate amount of time. If nothing happens after that then I would be more than happy to continue to help get you the support you need.

Well in that case I will wait till Wednesday Nov 4. I already was unable to access it since Friday of last week. Sent a support ticket then and sent another one today. Direct Messaged them over twitter and got a response that they would get back to me soon.

I'll update you guys and let you know how it goes these next few days, or if i even get a response via email. Really wished they just had a phone number I can call. 

Really wished they just had a phone number I can call. 

Haha we all do, but they wouldn't be able to keep costs low if they had to hire even more support folks. Please get back to us, hopefully it just gets resolved quickly.

"Nope. Still doesnt work. Over the web it still says "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS". Over mobile it just says Username or Password is incorrect even though it's not."

I'm having the same problem. Do they send any kind of confirmation when you contact them? I didn't get an email received message so I'm not sure what to do.

I never got a confirmation either. It does say it will get back to my email after it has gone through. (whether they do or how long it takes is the real issue)

I'm having the same problem...I can't access my account or reset my password. I used a 12moth spotify premium subscription code 2 days ago too..

@monkeychef wrote:
Hi there,

I know this might sound like a dumb idea, but would you mind reseting the computer that you are trying to access the account from and then try logging in through a web browser again?

Let us know how that goes!

i try it from different devices, same problem

@monkeychef wrote:

I would try to reset your password through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/?ref=in_top#!/article/change-password

If that doesn't work, then this page should solve your problem entirely as it mainly has to do with logging in. If none of the steps on this page work then click the link at the bottom to get in contact with Spotify directly. 

https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/problems-logging-in-to-spotify/

when i try to reset my password i have this error - "The username or email you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account."

seriously, you're not even going to to deal with the my problem?

Update.

I got through to Spotify support and apparently they closed my account because it was redeemed through e-gift card and they investigated and says the code is not a valid one sold by one of their retailers and therefore cannot reactivate my account.

So if any of you guys purchased any e-gift card codes through a third party, this is most likely why its not working. Lucky for me, the person that sold me it refunded my money.

Would also like to add that if you are not in the same situation as me(purchased e-gift card for 1/3/6/12 month subscription), your best bet is probably to contact Spotify over Twitter. I had no luck getting to them over sending a support ticket.

@ast3 wrote:

seriously, you're not even going to to deal with the my problem?

I gave you the solutions on how to solve your problem, and they include patience and waiting a little while. In addition, I am a member of this community and not paid by Spotify in any way, meaning that I am donating my time to help Spotify members like yourself. I apologize if I was not able to get back to you in a timely manner, but everything that you should do has already been listed.

Suggested posts