Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot log in to Spotify App but can log in to my account on Spotify Website

Solved!

Cannot log in to Spotify App but can log in to my account on Spotify Website

I can log in to the SPOTIFY website ok to access my account but cannot log in using the App on PC (Win10 VAIO Laptop) or android (S4) Phone. (on same User/Pwd)

I have tried resetting my password

I have tried uninstalling, rebooting, re-downloading and re-installing the app on the laptop and phone (and my work PC).

I have tried clearing my offline devices list and "sign out of everywhere"

I thought that it may be a temporary issue Spotify' user login but it has been over a month now and tried the above several times.

I am a PREMIUM user and cannot access any playlists or favourites list (consequence of not logging in) that I have built over the past 2 years - please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@grom1 

Thanks for that. I see you're logging in with your email address. Since yours is a standalone Spotify account (not created through FB) you'll need to be logging in with your username (not email address) and password. If you cant remember your username (usually it's your email address without the domain name), just head over to your profile page then login using your complete email address and password. Once you're logged in, click on Account overview on the left side bar. From there, you can see your username. 🙂 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

hey yu @grom1

That's not cool!

Can you I ask what's happening when you're using your Spotify username and password on your Windows and Android? Are you receiving an error message?

Thanks for the reply, you are right - it is a little frustrating.

There is a simple error message:

"The username or password is incorrect". (in a red flag box) - see attached screenprint.

2015-10-31 11_16_48-Spotify.png

Marked as solution

@grom1 

Thanks for that. I see you're logging in with your email address. Since yours is a standalone Spotify account (not created through FB) you'll need to be logging in with your username (not email address) and password. If you cant remember your username (usually it's your email address without the domain name), just head over to your profile page then login using your complete email address and password. Once you're logged in, click on Account overview on the left side bar. From there, you can see your username. 🙂 

OMG! (and I never thought I would use that!) 

I feel like a complete idiot.

Thank you very much I did not realise how it was getting me down!

I did check the FAQs and the knowledge base so I guess this is not a common mistake but it seems so simple.

Thanks again,

grom1

Suggested posts