Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot log in

Solved!

Cannot log in

Yesterday I registered with my normal email address to your spotify service. Because of having problems to register (I allways got the message, that the chosen username is allready in use, for about 30-40 possible names) I stopped trying.

Today I then tried it again and I got the message, that my email address is already in use. I then tried to let me send my username and reset my password but then I got the message, that my mail address isn't connected to a spotify account.

Later on I again tried so reset the password via the main page and I got the message, that my username and a mail with the reset-link has been sent to me. I then looked in my mailbox and saw this mail:

Hi there!

Forgetting your password needn't cause you any sleepless nights as all you have to do to reset it is follow the link below:
XXXXXX (There has been the link)
Your username is: marc200686 If you've remembered the password now, or didn't make this request yourself, just feel free to forget about this mail and carry on enjoying the music! All the best, The Spotify Team

I then clicked on the link and on the following site I got the message:

Seems this took a while

You have been logged out for security reasons, please click the reset link in the email you recieved again to continue.

So I'm not able to log in and I'm also not able to reset my password.

Could you please find out what problem exists with this account and could you please fix it? The problems occur on the account with the username "marc200686".

Thank you for your help in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

UPDATE:

Yesterday I also wrote a mail to the spotify support. I just got a mail and they told me that there have been technical problems during the registration process. They fixed the problem and I know can login with my chosen username. So for me it's fixed.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

UPDATE:

Yesterday I also wrote a mail to the spotify support. I just got a mail and they told me that there have been technical problems during the registration process. They fixed the problem and I know can login with my chosen username. So for me it's fixed.

hello, my friend is having this exact same problem, so i dont believe it is fixed

Anyone who is having issues with the registration system should try out the old fashioned style registration page: https://www.spotify.com/signup/ and see if that works better. 

If you get a message about your email address already being registered, then drop customer services an email and they will be able to manually finish the creation process for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same exact problem and am completely stuck.

@Hugonut wrote:

I have the same exact problem and am completely stuck.

Just get in touch using the link I gave above and a member of the Spotify team should be able to sort this out for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

HI,

I keep trying to log into my android using my email like always but it keeps telling me "PLEASE GO ONLINE TO CONNECT TO SPOTIFY" I am clearly online but it keep repeating the same message. I can log in using a laptop no problem.

Help please

Suggested posts