Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot log into my account

Solved!

Cannot log into my account

Plan

Free

Country

Cyprus 

Device

Razer Blade 15

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hey there, I've just recently moved to Cyprus and have been using Spotify very often abroad as I move frequently (being a digital nomad). Last time was in 2018 when moving every two/three months to a different location - changing the country code then worked fine. Now, although I changed the country to Cyprus it keeps telling me I'm not in the country and somehow tries to show me everything in Spanish... Cannot log in for that matter. 

Have the same issue now with my Samsung Galaxy 9 (Android), too. This at least worked fine until a couple of days ago.

Any ideas? 

Cheers, Eileen

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Eileens_Stories,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community!

If you're on our free, ad-supported service you can use Spotify in a different country for up to 14 days.

To change your settings to match the country you’re in, you can follow the steps below:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click EDIT PROFILE
  3. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country only shows when you’re actually there.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

If that doesn't do the trick and you're still not seeing your current country, we'd recommend giving it a try to follow the steps again:

Once you've updated you're country settings to match your location, you should be able to log in with no issues.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi Eileen:

Have you tried these steps? 

If you used Facebook to create your Spotify account, please follow these steps to log into Spotify:

• Select 'Spotify' from the list of music sources
  • Select 'Login' to open the Spotify app web view
  • Select 'Log in to Spotify'
  • Select 'Log in with Facebook'
  • When prompted with 'Log into your Facebook account to connect to Spotify', enter your FB email and password, then select 'Log In'

If you created your Spotify account using an email and password, and not Facebook credentials, follow these steps to log in:

• Select 'Spotify' from the list of music sources 
  • Select 'Login' to open the Spotify app web view
  • Select 'Log In To Spotify' and enter username and password
  • Use the scroll down button to expose the Log In button
  • Select 'Log In'  

Let me know if this helps, If not try password reset and change your password and then try to log in. 

Sincerely, 

abolques

Hi aboques, 

Thanks for your reply. Spotify keeps telling me that I'm not in the country I pretend to be in - that's the problem. I get a 408 error. Changing the password didn't work, have done that 3 times already. 😞

Thanks anyway. 🙂

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. I recommend checking out this Support article for more info. I'd also suggest checking out this Spotify Answer for more help.

This should help clear things up!

Jose_MSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there, 

Thank you for your help, I tried the suggested (such as reinstalling etc.) but still no luck. I have now chosen Spain as my country and it works again. I'm still not in Spain but I hope Spotify will never find out. 😄

Regards,

Eileen

Marked as solution

Hey there @Eileens_Stories,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community!

If you're on our free, ad-supported service you can use Spotify in a different country for up to 14 days.

To change your settings to match the country you’re in, you can follow the steps below:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click EDIT PROFILE
  3. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country only shows when you’re actually there.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

If that doesn't do the trick and you're still not seeing your current country, we'd recommend giving it a try to follow the steps again:

Once you've updated you're country settings to match your location, you should be able to log in with no issues.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts