Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot login into Spotify for iPad through Facebook

Cannot login into Spotify for iPad through Facebook

I have an iPad and I just redownloaded the app to it. I attempt to login thru Facebook like I normally do, but it says, "Hi there, connect your Facebook account using your Spotify credentials". Huh? I don't have Spotify creds--I use Facebook! I tried typing in my Facebook creds, but nada.

Any advice?

Best,

Emily

3 Replies

Hi Emily 🙂 

This has been escalated as an issue with the community staff, it appears there is currently an ongoing issue with Facebook logins but they are aware and working on it I am sure. 

As a workaround if you set up a device password and retrieve your numerical spotify username, which is the same process as described here logging in using those details should work for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Have same issue on new iPhone 5, never had problem with iPhone 3GS iOS 6. Spotify asks for spotify login after I click the Facebook link, never had a spotify login only used Facebook.

I got around the issue by clicking the free trial link on the iPhone app. Not sure what the deal was and I don't feel 100% sure I've got all my playlists back, but at least the app (I am a premium subscriber) is working.

Suggested posts