Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot login using new password

Cannot login using new password

Hi, I cannot login using the new password after I asked for a reset. It's my first time to be using spotify but I cannot go pass the first step. I've used Facebook to login. Fail. I've used my email I registered. Again, fail. I'm out of options already and so frustrated. How do I solve this?
18 Replies

I always get the warning "unable to log in. Either user name or password is incorrect. Have you signed up for a spotify account?"

I know I have the correct user name and password. I know is have also signed up for an account.

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble when logging into Spotify.

Have you already tried to enter your Facebook e-mail address and password? If you've linked your account with Facebook, that should do the trick.

If it doesn't, you may try to;

• Clear your browsers cache/cookies, and try it again.
  • Use your browser's incognito/private mode.
  • Use another browser, or even another device.

If it still doesn't work, please let me know! I'm here to help :).

Thank you.

Nothing is working.  I'm getting very frustrated.  I just want to reset my password!

I've tried all and I can't log in

I am not connected to FB and don't care to be.  I just want to reset.  It keeps telling me to go to a page, enter email and hit send.  I am never directed to that page.  Is there a way to directly contact spotify if you are not able to help?

I have tried linking it with Facebook. No luck. And have unlinked it again and use my email address to log in. No luck.

I have changed the password for my email account and use that new password to log in. No luck.

You think I should link my Facebook account again? And then change the password for my email account to the same password as my Facebook account?

I am using iPhone spotify app to log in. I've tried using iPad (spotify app) to log in. Both failed.

Hey guys!

Thanks for all your replies. I don't know if all your issues are related to the same problem, but I've escalated this topic to Spotify so someone from the team will join here to help soon!

Hi @lillybug2014!

Could you please try to reset your password by going to this page; https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

Does it help you to reset your password?

If it doesn't work at the first time, please try to;

• Clear your browser's cache/cookies, and try it again
  • Use the incognito/private mode of your browser.
  • Use another browser, or even another device.

Does it work for you now? Please let me know! I'm here to help.

Hey @essay!

Please keep disconnected from Facebook untill we've solved this issue.

Could you please try to reinstall Spotify on the device were you're unable to login to?

For Spotify on your desktop/iOS, please follow the steps in the link below:
https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

For Spotify on Android, you might follow the steps in this topic.

If it still doesn't work after reinstalling Spotify, please try to reset your password one more time by going to this page; https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

Just let me know if it doesn't work after you've tried all of the above. I'm here to help!

It still is not working.

My spotify is not linked with Facebook.

I have deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPhone.

Still not working.

Bummer, I registered and opened a spotify account, and the meter is counting for an account that has not been used until now.

So many productive and valuable time wasted already.

Can you please tell me straight why is it not working?

Hey @essay

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This sounds like something for our Accounts team to take a look at. Could you reach over to them at https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/? They'll take a look behind the scenes for you.

If you receive an automated reply, get back to it and this will make sure your email gets through to the correct team. Also, if you post your 8 digit case # here, we'll make sure the right team get onto this for you too.

I hope this helps out.

This is still an unsolved case. It's been weeks.

I've emailed spotify support just now. And will wait for their action on this matter.

Here's my case number:

Spotify Case # 03528228: Logging In-I can't log in to Spotify ref:_00DD0pxIW._5005711ET2k:ref

Hey @essay,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with this.

I can see you're currently in touch with our email team, thanks a lot for sharing the case #.

I've made sure the best team are looking into this for you.

Someone will reply shortly.

Thanks!

I am in exactly the same boat.  Reset my password multiple times, not linked to facebook, re-downloaded the app, restarted my phone... super frustrated and don't know where to turn.  The only difference is I can log in on my desktop no problem, just not my iphone.  I responded to the "no-reply" email that was sent to me and am hoping to get a response.  If there is someone I can talk to or email that would greatly help.

The email team has replied to my case. Thank you.

But still, the solution given didn't work.

It says that my email account is linked and registered.

I was asked to go to my profile page on your website to change my password. And I was able change the password successfully.

I have deleted and reinstalled the iPhone app.

I've been attempting to login with my registered email and new password and still ... Same story.... I cannot login.

Spotify, why? Oh why?

Hi @essay,

If the given solution hasn't worked, can you reply to our email team and let them know?

They'll be able to check this out and suggest something else.

@tnearburg I've replied to you elsewhere, 

Thanks!

This is solved now.

The email team was able to sort it out.

I was entering the my email address (name@gmail.com) instead of the spotify issued user name (name-**).

To others who have the same problem, do not put your email address in the username of the login, but your, yeah, user name. 🙂

Thanks, spotify.

I have two accounts one because I switched to vodafone and used their budle offer. I have tried to log in with both and neither work. I have reset the passwords about 5 times on each and still no luck. I have also deleted the app and downloaded the app again but still nothing. Can someone help? It has taken me ages to be able to log in to be able to post this message!

Suggested posts