Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot login with correct credentials, account data possibly erased

Solved!

Cannot login with correct credentials, account data possibly erased

Plan
Free
Country
United States
Device
iPhone 5s, Laptop, Xbox one, web app
Operating System
Windows 10 (Laptop) Xbox OS (Windows 8-esque)
My Question or Issue
Listening to music earlier this morning, song suddenly cuts out and when I check Spotify I'm logged out. I try and log in using my correct credentials, across several different gmails, using my username, trying several different passwords, including the one I know to be correct. I try to log in using the email and even then it says that my login credentials are incorrect. I have been logged out on all devices that I use spotify on, and on Xbox I can see my account saved as an added account to quickly login. When I select it nothing happens, and it says "We couldn't log in with this account". trying again it says "if you're having trouble logging in, try adding the account again". I can't login using saved credentials for spotify on chrome or on iPhone, so it seems like my account data has been more/less erased. I can still see the username and profile picture that I've set, but that's the only proof I have that it still exists. I don't have anything on that account specifically that cannot be replaced so I don't mind switching accounts but I do have a playlist of about 200+ songs that I'd like to get back if possible. Or, better yet, know how to login to my account if it hasn't been randomly erased.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @FancyK,

Thanks for reaching out.

We advise you to try and reset your password. You can do this here. If you're not sure about the login email address, it's a good idea to try with all addresses you use or your username. Afterwards it's a good idea to go ahead and secure your account using the instructions in this Support Page.

Don't forget to change the password for any service associated with your account, such as your email address, Facebook, or Apple.

We recommend that you also have a look at all third party apps that have access to your Spotify account and remove any you don't recognize. You can learn how to do this here.  For the other ones you should update the login info as well.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @FancyK,

Thanks for reaching out.

We advise you to try and reset your password. You can do this here. If you're not sure about the login email address, it's a good idea to try with all addresses you use or your username. Afterwards it's a good idea to go ahead and secure your account using the instructions in this Support Page.

Don't forget to change the password for any service associated with your account, such as your email address, Facebook, or Apple.

We recommend that you also have a look at all third party apps that have access to your Spotify account and remove any you don't recognize. You can learn how to do this here.  For the other ones you should update the login info as well.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator

Thank you so much! That reset link worked perfectly and I was able to log back in with no issues.

Hi again @FancyK

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're happy to hear that everything is now working as it should.

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us. 

Have a lovely day 🙂

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi, I am logged out of my Spotify account and cannot log back in with correct credentials.  I am the Plan Manager of the Family Premium Account, my family members are still logged in and I can see myself as Plan Manager in their account settings. 

I have tried everything including resetting password (even if I am 100% sure the one  use is correct), but when I click reset password, I do not receive amy email. I have also tried on multiple devices, using the app or desktop versions.

It looks as if Spotify does not recognise me / my email address any more.

It is a real issue as I litterally can't even cancel my account and subscription as I can't log in.

Thanks for your help.

Hey @micklg,

Thanks for your reply and for the info you kindly share.

Since you can see yourself as the manager on the members accounts, it's possible you might register your account with different credentials. So, we'd suggest going to password reset and entering all the possible email addresses you own and that you could register in the app. When you enter an email that's registered with Spotify, you'll get a password reset message for that email.

On another note, keep in mind there are a few ways to sign up, e.g. with email, phone number, Facebook, Apple, or Google. Try logging in with these, your Premium account may be linked to one of these options as well.

Lastly, keep in mind you can also contact our Customer Support team, so they can help you locate your account. You can find out how to contact them here.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts