Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot login

Solved!

Cannot login

Plan Free

Country Spain

My Question or Issue

A friend of mine created an Spotify account for our collective, yet we don't know how she created the account because no one can login except her. She says that she created it with facebook.... And she also has her personal Spotify account with the same facebook account.

Can anyone solve the mistery about how she created the account and how can we use it? Is it possible to migrate the account to an email, instead to use it from Facebook?

The socalled account is "Encuentros Sonoros".

Thank you 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!

These are the steps to disconnect your account from facebook, but i believe that you are unable to because you created the account via Facebook

To disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook:

1. Open the Spotify desktop app.
  2. In the top-right corner, click the dropdown menu arrow, then Settings.
  3. Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.

Note: It’s not possible to complete these steps on mobile.

If you’re not seeing this option, it means you created your account with Facebook, so it’s not possible to disconnect. If this is the case, you need to switch to a new account:

1. If your current account is on a Premium subscription, cancel it (you can resubscribe on your new account).
    Note: If you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to your new account until 12 months have elapsed since you signed up for it.
  2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE at the bottom.
  3. Create your new account.
    Note: It’s not possible to have two accounts with same email address. If you’d like to keep the email address associated with your old account, you first need to close the old account.

Any saved music and playlists will still be on your old account, but you can save / create them again on your new account.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey!

These are the steps to disconnect your account from facebook, but i believe that you are unable to because you created the account via Facebook

To disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook:

1. Open the Spotify desktop app.
  2. In the top-right corner, click the dropdown menu arrow, then Settings.
  3. Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.

Note: It’s not possible to complete these steps on mobile.

If you’re not seeing this option, it means you created your account with Facebook, so it’s not possible to disconnect. If this is the case, you need to switch to a new account:

1. If your current account is on a Premium subscription, cancel it (you can resubscribe on your new account).
    Note: If you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to your new account until 12 months have elapsed since you signed up for it.
  2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE at the bottom.
  3. Create your new account.
    Note: It’s not possible to have two accounts with same email address. If you’d like to keep the email address associated with your old account, you first need to close the old account.

Any saved music and playlists will still be on your old account, but you can save / create them again on your new account.

I hope this helps!

Hey @thomspoti.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We don't recommend sharing an account. If you are trying to setup a Premium for Family subscription, note that all users still use their own separate login credentials. One account will be the administrator and this administrator can add up to 5 extra accounts to it's subscription. You can find more info about Premium for Family here.

Hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Thank you!
I checked it out and we will delete the account and create a new one.

Good to know! I had no idea about this plan.
I will check it out and start over.

Suggested posts