Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot pay for subscription

Cannot pay for subscription

The issue is as follows: 

I have a history of paying for Premium yet when the next month comes around it never seems to keep the subscription going, I keep getting the message about failed payment. But today I found that I could login with my account, remove my account details, re-enter them and then the payment goes through, It's a work around but should not be needed, should it?

It cannot be an issue with the bank since I subscribe to other internet services, e g Netflix, just fine, or can it?

Thanks for any answer to this pseudoproblem. 

2 Replies

Hi,

Sounds like a slight glitch in your account. The Payment error thing shouldn't be happening.

I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify can verify your account details are all set up correctly.

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hey 🙂 

Some banks automatically block the type of renewing subscription which Spotify uses for security reasons. Not sure of all of the details, but not all services seem to be affected by it or use the same system. (Nordea bank is one that comes to mind which does not get along with Spotify). 

If you are inside europe, you can purchase yourself a premium eCard from this page for more than 1 month which might save you some hassle!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts