Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot read on computer

Solved!

Cannot read on computer

Hello, I have this problem for more than 2 years now :
I'm using Spotify on my phone and I don't have any problems. But on my computer, from one day to the next I couldn't play any music and the application didn't work anymore. Of course I've already tried everything suggested (uninstall, reinstall, delete files, firewall, ...) Nothing works.
I can't use the web player either.
I even tried to change my account, but that doesn't work either.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again @bluugame,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for that info.

Can you try removing the host files by following the steps in this guide?

If there aren't any lines to remove, could you try using a different Internet connection, like a mobile hotspot or another WiFi network and let us know if that makes any difference?

If possible, could you try with a different PC? It would also be helpful if you could try using a different account, like a friend's or relative's on your computer and let us know if the issue persists. That way we could determine if this is account or device related.

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey bluugame, 

That totally sucks, do you have another computer you can try it on without risking you personal information. It seems like you have tried everything I would have tried. Have you tried different browsers? I am on an outdated laptop using Chrome and have not experienced that. 

best of luck Ambactus

Hey there @bluugame

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Would you mind letting us know your device's exact make, model and OS version? 

We understand you've already tried reinstalling, but we'd like to suggest a clean reinstall as it's more thorough than a regular one. This can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. 

Regarding the issues with the web player, have you tried a different browser as @ambactusrex suggested?

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, thank you for your answer.

I tried with Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari browser and no I can't access the web player. I have the same error.

I've done the cleanup, I have no Spotify files on my pc anymore.
I tried to reinstall but I still have the same problem.
So I installed a wiping software and had it scan all Spotify related files, deleted them, and after installing the application again, I still have the same error.

I don't know what else to do, I've tried everything that was offered.

I own an Asus G11CD- K and my OS version is Microsoft Windows 10 Family.

Marked as solution

Hey again @bluugame,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for that info.

Can you try removing the host files by following the steps in this guide?

If there aren't any lines to remove, could you try using a different Internet connection, like a mobile hotspot or another WiFi network and let us know if that makes any difference?

If possible, could you try with a different PC? It would also be helpful if you could try using a different account, like a friend's or relative's on your computer and let us know if the issue persists. That way we could determine if this is account or device related.

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

I just deleted the files as explained in the guide and FINALLY the web player works !
I just downloaded the application, AND IT WORKS !!

I can't thank you enough for helping me solve this problem I've had for so long.

Thank you so much !!

Hey there @bluugame,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to know that it was finally sorted out for you and thanks for mentioning what helped you out, as it might be helpful for other users too.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts