Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

iPhone 7, iPad and PC

Operating System

(Latest IOS and Windows 😎

My Question or Issue

I currently have two accounts on Spotify. One free, which I'm using now to open this topic and a Premium in a Spotify Family Plan. The free one was preexisting and when the family was set up I didn't bother to use it.

A few weeks back I was trying to log in to spotify via browser (premium account) and the password didn't work. Tried doing a password reset but it didn't work. I even "ressurected" a few old email accounts, just in case I gave the wrong address to the family account and the reset mail was being sent to one of them, but nothing in any folder (inbox, spam, junk, etc).

Facebook is linked to the free account so I can't access the account thru there and the family account manager also didn't receive anything.

Funny thing is that on both mobile devices (iPad and iPhone) I can still access my premium account. I'm not sure if its because the devices never powerdown but I'm not in the mood to try it and loose another access to Spotify.

I'm actualy worried the account got hacked as that could explain quite a few things.

The premium account username is "jpsflores".

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

Hi there!

It sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more info.

Let me know how it goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi!

I know I have two accounts and it wasn't an acident.

One is free and another premium.

When I started a spotify family I just used one, didn't delete the other and just stopped using the free account.

I'm only using it right now to be able to create this help toppic.

I have further information but I'm going to answer the initial post so that the info can be more easily seen by all that access this subject.

Thanks anyway.

Hello,

I've recently discovered that the reason I couldn't get the password reset mail is that, for no good reason I can remember or think of, I gave a former work email of mine to create the account.

Is there anyway I can change an email of an account when I don't have access to said email account?

Thanks.

Hello there!

Once you log in to your account following the steps here and here, you should be able to change the email address of that account from your Spotify account page.

Let me know how you get on!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts