Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot sign in with Apple

Solved!

Cannot sign in with Apple

• Premium 

iPhone 12 Pro

iOS 14.6 Public Beta

I signed up yesterday and I couldn’t create an account with Sign Up With Apple so I created my email address. I have tried to Sign In with Apple but I get a message “This email and password combination is incorrect” 

The email address I tried to sign in with is the same as one I originally signed up with.

I have used Sign In With Apple with numerous other services with no issues. I have also been through the help articles but no luck.

Any thoughts? I have seen a few other people reporting similar issues

Also does my Spotify account password have to match my Apple ID password? At the moment they are different.

Thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify Support resolved this for me. I had an old free Spotify account which was linked to my Apple ID and so wouldn’t work with my new Premium account.  My Apple ID was unlinked from old Spotify account and I was then able to use setup Sign In with Apple with my new account.

For anyone having similar issues, contact Spotify Support and they will be able to locate any old accounts you may have had.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Contacted chat and had a response. Seems I had used my email address with a previous Spotify account a few years ago. The account was actually disabled due to suspicious activity- I don’t know anything about that.

Anyway seems I can’t have Sign In with Apple with that account due it being disabled a while back. I was told that using my email address was more secure to logon with - that’s wrong as Sign In With Apple should be more secure.

Any idea of I can have my chosen email address to be enabled for Sign In with Apple again?

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

If you can be verified as the rightful owner of the old disabled account, the customer support team should be able to free up that email address so that you can use it to Sign in with Apple on your current account.

We'd recommend reaching out to them again, explaining the situation and requesting that the email address is freed up or the old account deleted.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Many thanks for that. Online chat have deactivated the original free account so it frees up my email address for Sign In With Apple for my Premium account. It looks like I need to wait 48 hours for the old account to be deleted as it’s still there and preventing me from Signing in with Apple. 

As an aside, the online chat seems a bit flaky as I kept getting disconnected from agents quite regularly.

Marked as solution

Spotify Support resolved this for me. I had an old free Spotify account which was linked to my Apple ID and so wouldn’t work with my new Premium account.  My Apple ID was unlinked from old Spotify account and I was then able to use setup Sign In with Apple with my new account.

For anyone having similar issues, contact Spotify Support and they will be able to locate any old accounts you may have had.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy to hear that the issue got resolved for you. If there's anything else we can help out with - we're one post away 🙂

Cheers!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts