Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot uncheck "Disable all notifications" on web.

Solved!

Cannot uncheck "Disable all notifications" on web.

I guess this problem started a few months back, when there was two "disable all notifications" checkbox in the settings. I happened to check both of them, and later, Spotify found out that they have put 2 boxes of the same function and removed one of them. I'm guessing that the issue started at that exact moment. The box was removed from both iOS and web. My setting got stuck "checked" and cannot be unchecked. Just guessing. What else could be causing this? Why everytime I uncheck "Disable all notifications" and save it, it gets checked again and it is impossible to uncheck with any browser on any platform, why? Why I see that "Setting Unavailable" page on my iPhone? I made sure Spotify app's notifications are on in iOS's settings. I believe, only someone from the team will be able to solve this by tweaking my account's setting file on the server side. I see no other solutions!

BA475E44-3A91-4097-84B0-5F2F2978BCCF.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @onurakoglu @anthonysidwell

Good news! This seems to be fixed now! Can you confirm on your end?

Notifications settings - Spotify 2015-08-06 12-24-59.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

25 Replies

I guess this problem started a few months back, when there was two "disable all notifications" checkbox in the settings. I happened to check both of them, and later, Spotify found out that they have put 2 boxes of the same function and removed one of them. I'm guessing that the issue started at that exact moment. The box was removed from both iOS and web. My setting got stuck "checked" and cannot be unchecked. Just guessing. What else could be causing this? Why everytime I uncheck "Disable all notifications" and save it, it gets checked again and it is impossible to uncheck with any browser on any platform, why? Why I see that "Setting Unavailable" page on my iPhone? I made sure Spotify app's notifications are on in iOS's settings. I believe, only someone from the team will be able to solve this by tweaking my account's setting file on the server side. I see no other solutions.

BA475E44-3A91-4097-84B0-5F2F2978BCCF.PNG

Im having this problem too.

All notification settings unavailable on iphone 6, latest IOS8 firmware. 

i gotta up this thread. i contacted the customer service numereus times, but nobody understood the issue. stuck here to get help

i cannot keep up with new album releases, just because some **bleep**head doesn't gibe a **bleep** about this **bleep**ing bug. **bleep** you

I am having the same problem on iPhone 5 and what's more on desktop Mac OS application I am not receiving any new album notifications for about 3 months now. This is really annoying for I'm following about 360 artists and there's no simpler way of getting to know new album releases.

2015-07-24 16.09.10.png

I'm going to up this thread everyday until some wise guy from Spotify will give a darn thing about it and solve it!

up this darn issue

gotta up this until it is solved

up again

Hey there @onurakoglu, welcome to the community!

I'll get someone from the team right on this! In the meantime, can you post a screenshot of your Notification Settings on a web browser?

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Thank you Merik.

1. It is checked in default.

2. I uncheck it and press save

3. It says "Notifications Saved" but that checkbox is NOT cleared. It is still checked!

Screenshot 2015-07-26 17.50.14.png
Screenshot 2015-07-26 17.50.21.png
Screenshot 2015-07-26 17.50.33.png

Thank you for the screenshots @onurakoglu! I've alerted the team and they are on the case!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Thank you @Merik I had opened a thread on iOS section too. There were 2 other people having the same issue. And before that I had seen another post from 3 months ago with the same thing and there were 2 more people having this issue at that time. That thread was still unsolved. FYI.

Kind Regards,

Onur

@onurakoglu wrote:

@Thank you @Merik I had opened a thread on iOS section too. There were 2 other people having the same issue. And before that I had seen another post from 3 months ago with the same thing and there were 2 more people having this issue at that time. That thread was still unsolved. FYI.

Kind Regards,

Onur

Thanks for that! I will be merging that topic with this one. It seems more of an account issue than a specific device. No worries though, Spotify will definitely get this sorted out.

@onurakoglu wrote:
i gotta up this thread. i contacted the customer servicenumereus times, but nobody understood the issue. stuck here to get help

Hey there @onurakoglu!

I can confirm they're currently investigating the issue. In the meantime, I noticed you mentioned contacting the CS team. Was this via email? If so, could you let me know the 8 digit case #? I'll get one of the staff to take a look at it.

This is still unsolved. I don't think someone is working on this. It could be solved in a couple of hours for all the users or solved in 5 minutes for individual users, but no solution yet.

My help desk referrence is this: 

_00DD0pxIW._500D0ylv9a

it doesn't matter, because they thought that they had understood my issue. No qualified staff there, to understand and direct my issue to someone who can solve this.

still, nothing is solved.

Mines been unavailable for a week now. Please can you fix it, as I am missing out on release notifications.

I'm having the same problem on web as  @onurakoglu

Here's video: 

Suggested posts