Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot upgrade my Premium account to Family

Solved!

Cannot upgrade my Premium account to Family

Hi,

I would like to upgrade my account to Family but my account is handled by my telecom provider.

When I go to 'Upgrade' it says: "Je gebruikt nu Spotify Premium. Je account is gekoppeld aan onze partner KPN. Benader KPN voor vragen over je abonnement."

Which translates to something like: 'You're using Spotify Premium. Your account is linked to our partner KPN. Approach KPN for questions about your subscription.'

KPN is my telecom provider. 

I have cancelled my subscription with KPN. 

My guess is that my account has been paid for, for this month, so I cannot change it?

Any suggestions how to upgrade to Family would be highly appreciated!

With kind regards,

Erik

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

After cancelling, does Spotify show something like; "Your account drops to free on year-month-day"?

You should be able to subscribe for the Family plan, once your account is on the free plan.

To immediately get in the free plan, you need to get in touch with Spotify.

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Spotify aims to reply within 24 hours.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

To subscribe to family, you need to cancel your current one first. Once you've cancelled, you can resubscribe on the family subscription.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

After cancelling, does Spotify show something like; "Your account drops to free on year-month-day"?

You should be able to subscribe for the Family plan, once your account is on the free plan.

To immediately get in the free plan, you need to get in touch with Spotify.

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Spotify aims to reply within 24 hours.

Thank you for your response.

When go to see my current subscriptions I get the message which made me put a message here in the first place.

I cannot manage my subscriptions since it's handled by my telecom provider.

Thanks for your message!

I'll try and contact @SpotifyCare to see if they can change my subscription for me.

Thanks!

Suggested posts