Cant Login, Cant Play Song. HELP?

Plan

Free

Country

India

Operating System

Android Oreo, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hmm I Have been encountering this for a while now.

Some days ago I opened spotify (logged in already) through the desktop app, first thing that i noticed was that my username changed to some weird number and letters (later I got to know that was the id), tried to play a song but it stopped after 6 seconds and then said cant play the current song, I tried to play other songs but the same thing happened, so I Reinstalled Spotify but the issue didnt get solved so I tried literally every solution here but it still doesnt solve it.

so I logged on browser but it still showed those numbers and letters as my username too, tried logging in to the web player, it said "something went wrong", again I tried all the related solutions but it didnt solve it. now i did try loggin in my phone but the same thing happened again.

guess it seems to be some kind of problem with the account.

hope someone replies fast

Capture.PNG
image_2021-03-10_090637.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Virat_Singh,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

There's no need to worry about the alphanumeric username, as it's automatically generated and it's visible just for you. You can set the display name that you want, which will be the one visible on your profile for everyone else. Find more info here.

Regarding the issue with the app, we recommend running a clean reinstall on the affected devices by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again on your PC from the Microsoft Store.

It's also a good idea to clear your hosts file by following the specific steps in this guide.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Virat_Singh,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

There's no need to worry about the alphanumeric username, as it's automatically generated and it's visible just for you. You can set the display name that you want, which will be the one visible on your profile for everyone else. Find more info here.

Regarding the issue with the app, we recommend running a clean reinstall on the affected devices by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again on your PC from the Microsoft Store.

It's also a good idea to clear your hosts file by following the specific steps in this guide.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

YO THAT WORKED THANKYOU SO MUCH MAN, Mad Respect!

Suggested posts