Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant Login using phone number

Cant Login using phone number

Hello!

I am from UAE and I am currently having difficulty in logging my spotify account on the website using my phone number. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to put an alternative email for that account. 

I have tried it a number of times already and I'm pretty sure that my number is correct as I have no problems in accessing the app with it. 

The site kept on sending this message:

• "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area"

Would seriously appreciate your help as I am planning to cancel my duo premium to join our family premium. Thank you in advance!

Top Answer
Eni

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

If you have registered only a phone number on your account and can’t log in to it, we suggest that you reach out directly to our Support team through any of these channels so they can further assist you with this. 

However, if you have registered an email address as well, you should be able to log in to your account using that email and password. If you don't remember your password, you can reset it here

Hope this helps. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

122 Replies

Hey there @-maki-,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that you're having issues logging in with your phone number.

If you're having trouble accessing your account page, try using a different browser or an Incognito window to avoid any issues caused by cache and cookies. Try logging in through this Link. Let us know if you receive the automatically generated password via SMS.

Note: The desktop app doesn’t support phone number sign up or log in.

Once you've logged in your account page, you should be able to add an email address and generate a permanent password you can use for logging in.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I used to use Spotify only with my phone number, I never used email or password, now I no longer have the option to log in with my cell phone number

I tried to recover my account, putting my username (which are random numbers and letters) and I get "we cannot reset your password because there is no associated email"

Screenshot_2021-12-06-21-38-31-025_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hey @dariovalcarcel666,

Thanks for posting here.

Just to double-check-are you using the same phone number?

Could you send us a screenshot of the error message that you get when you try logging in with your phone number? Just make sure that there's no sensitive/private info visible. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

Hey! thanks for answering me

I have the same phone number, the problem is I don't see the option to log in with my cell phone number anymore, and I never linked my cell phone number with an email

In the screenshot you can see that the ways to enter is only through google and facebook.

IMG-20211207-WA0019.jpg

To clarify, I am writing from my secondary account

Hey @dariovalcarcel666,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

The option to log in with a phone number is available in a few countries. If you access the app from a different location it might not show up.

In this case you can try transferring your music with these steps to the new account. That way you can enjoy your favorite jams on the new account as well.

Hope this sheds some light on the matter. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator

I have the same problem. I have been using Spotify for a year or 2, logged in with phone number. Had some technical glitches then logout out, option for phone login was then no longer available.

Had to create a new profile from scratch, so discouraged to create playlist all over again. 

My music wasn't public so can't transfer. 

Hey there @Jackofnone,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

You can reach out to our customer support team here about this. You can ask them to help with transferring the music library from your original account to the new one. You'll need to be verified as the rightful owner of the original account, so have your receipts/ proof of payment ready.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

Hi, i hope you see this message. Also i only know this for an iPhone. I logged in through my number, never had it linked to a email address either and i had private playlist as well. So your spotify login differs in each region/country and can get logged out but i got my account back! 
Here’s how : 

1) go to media and purchases on iphone and change the region/country to the previous country you were in while using the account. 
2) Go to general on setting, click language and region. Change the region there as well.
3) delete your spotify and now reinstall from the app store. ( app store region would have been changed now) 

4) put your old sim card on and i hope you can get some data into this old sim cause using wifi will detect your current region again on spotify. 

if you have done all these steps and using your old sim card to access the internet too for spotify you should be able to see the phone number login option! Login and add your email address and set a pass. Then go back to your settings and change regions to current and you will be be able to login anytime with your updated email and pass! 

Ps: i lost my acc and worked on this till 3:00 am to figure this out. + spotify support sucks. They were absolutely useless. 

The problem is that the link you've given says that we need to have access to our old account from the first place to transfer all our playlists. In this case, we dont have access to our old account as we are unable to log in. I have been struggling with this for the past 2 months and couldn't find a relevant article on it. 

Even I am facing this problem. When I try with some other phone number, it generates otp and let me enter. But I have been using spotify with my personal phone number since a year. Due to technical glitches I logged out and now I get otp on my number, but it says invalid otp everytime I try. I am trying out from 2 days continuously but the problem remains same. The same app allows other phone number with the same process but doesn’t allow my phone number.

My music was all stored in it and I never used any email id or username.

I request you to please help me out.

Hello. I am from India and I've been using the login by phone number service for a couple of yrs. But today, everytime I try to login by my phone number, it shows the oops something went wrong message. I tried on the web app and Android app both. Same error on both. Please help.

I have been using the phone number login for a couple of years but since last 2 days it's not working and showing error. The phone number entered in the box doesn't even get to the OTP step. I can confirm that the number is correct. Tried this on web and Android app.

When I try to log in into my account through my phone number, it says to try later cuz something went wrong. But it’s been a few days like that. I don’t want to log in with Facebook, Apple ID or google, because I still have an active premium subscription linked to my phone number account.

It always fail when I try to log in with my phone number even that my phone number because that account I have premium but now I can’t sign in anymore so I have to use another account with email

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

If you still can't log in, we'd recommend that you get in touch with our Customer Support team via one of the channels here. We can't make any account related actions here in the Community as we don't have access to such systems and tools, however our teams can take a closer look into the matter and help you with your request.

On another note if you think that your account might be disabled for some reason, we'd suggest that you can check this page out to see what to do next.

Hope this helps.

LyubkaModerator

I can't login with my phone number.
Server response code 503 and json {"error":"internal_error"}

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out. Does this happen on all devices? Since when did this start happening? Consider performing a clean reinstall on the affected devices and trying again, that should help. If you face any issues afterwards, send us some screenshots and we'll have a look.

Let us know how it goes. 

JoanModerator

I too have same problem but still not able to login

Suggested posts