Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant Start Premium Trial due to Card Limitation

Solved!

Cant Start Premium Trial due to Card Limitation

So I attempted to start the premium trial adding my VISA card, and it declined it. I took a look at my transaction histroy on the cards site and I can see spotify is trying to take 1 cent (obviously a minimum possible legitimate transaction or something like that) but the thing is my card seems to have a minium transaction spend stopping that for working, thus delcining and preventinbg me getting premium.

I would rather purchase premium rather than start as a trial, but it does not give you choice in the matter. So what can I do? 

I would also like add I cannot chnage this limitation on the cards site, it is a locked limitation by the place that I have it with. Another thing is, I think the locked limit they set is no lower than a $1 spend. Which had never been an issue for me till now.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂 

You should be able to subscribe directly to premium from your online account without the need for a trial. 

Be aware however that prepaid cards are a bit hit and miss with Spotify, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

that worked 😄 

weirdly to get it to work I had to put my VISA in via the Facebook option. Ah well at least I got my premium 😄

thought I'd mention that for anyone else whom has the same card as I do.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you try adding your card to PayPal and see if that will then allow you to subscribe? 

Peter

Peter

I don't have Paypal as I am only 17. I have a VISA card that is prepaid, hence reloadable that I got from AustraliaPost. These cards you do not need to be 18 to get, hence why I have one. As said I would rather skip doing a trial, and go stright into paying for premium. So if there a link you can provide for me to do that it would be appreicated.

Marked as solution

Hey 🙂 

You should be able to subscribe directly to premium from your online account without the need for a trial. 

Be aware however that prepaid cards are a bit hit and miss with Spotify, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't! 

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

that worked 😄 

weirdly to get it to work I had to put my VISA in via the Facebook option. Ah well at least I got my premium 😄

thought I'd mention that for anyone else whom has the same card as I do.

Awesome! Glad to hear it is working!

Enjoy your music 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts