Plan

Free

Country

Germany

Operating System

Windows 10/11, Firefox/Chrome

My Question or Issue

Hello there!

Ive tried several times to solve my problem through chat support but suddenly noone want/will/can help me.
And here is my problem:

i was a couple of months in Russia and used spotify there. Since the situation in Ukraine im moved in march back to Germany. One week ago ive received a mail from spotify about closing all services in Russia and the manual how i can change my country if i moved to another county.

Ive tried to change it, but suddenly it is not possible - my land cannot be changed (drop-down is blocked), i cant subscribe to premium (see attachements). I tried everything - private tabs in browser, different version of browser etc. Its not working.

When im trying to logging into spotify app im getting an error (see attach aswell), that my country is not matching county in my account and i should change it. When im trying to click on the links, im getting 404-Error.

Please, dont get me wrong, i just want to listen to the music, nothing more. And im in Germany at the moment and im not using VPN - i did nothing wrong, just please allow me to change my county or change it manually.

Here is the same issue: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/How-to-change-Region/td-p/5365528

2022-04-11 20_51_16.png
2022-04-11 20_51_29.png
2022_04_12_10_05_16.png
5 Replies

Hey @r0mbus ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

I've already posted this in the thread you linked, but I'll be happy to post it again:

"I've checked with the mods backstage and it seems this is an issue that the Spotify team is currently looking into. Please be patient and try again in a couple of days."

Hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Maxim,

thank you for your assistance. Today i was able to change my region to Germany without any problems.

Hey @r0mbus ,

Glad to hear it's working now!

Have a great day 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I cannot change my region from Sweden to USA either...

Please help, this is so bad. Absolutely terrible.

I need to use my Spotify now, not tomorrow.

Thank you for your reply!!

Hey @Exsosus ,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Do you have a running subscription on the account you want to switch the country settings on? If so, you'd have to cancel it and wait for the subscription to expire. Afterwards you should be able to change the country through the settings on your account page in a web browser. Also make sure you're not using any VPNs.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts