Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant change country code as invalid post code

Cant change country code as invalid post code

I dont know why but when i downloaded spotify it gave me the british version and it wont let me change to the canadian. I live in canada and just got a new phone on koodoo. when i try to change in profile it says "The postal code you entered was not valid for the selected country." I then tried to upgrade, it let me change to canada then i imput my credit card details and again thereis an error on my post code. I submitted 2 requests for help and i have not recieved a response or an automatic response and yes i checked my spam. any help would be appreciated.

8 Replies

How long ago did you contact support?

It cane take up to 24-48 hours for a reply.

If you haven't gotten a reply, let me know.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@TheStig1 I have successfully escalated your issue, please be patient and expect a response this time, sorry for any inconvenience and that your issue wasn´t answered.

Hi the country has been resolved but i still cant pay as it says i have in
invalid post code V0N 1B2 is my post code im sure of this.

@TheStig1 

=(

This problem is being looked into. Since multiple people are having this problem, it is likely a problem that will need to be fixed from Spotify's end. It seems that this is only affecting Canadian users. 

In the meantime,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Trying to change my country to Canada as well.

Under Profile > Country > Change to Canada.  Update Postal Code to my valid postal code. Select Save Profile. Error message received: "The zip code you entered was not valid for the selected country."

Contacted Spotify support and they told me to come here... So... I am here... Fix this. Please. 

Thanks!

@OrangeCat 

Spotify is currently trying to fix this problem. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Country code as invalid post code:

I have the same problem. I'm from Canada living in the Netherlands now and want to update my payment info but cannot because I'm not able to change the region...

Please help.

Me too.  From canada - now in the UK

Suggested posts