Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant change my country/cant find my university

Cant change my country/cant find my university

Hello guys,

I just make a new account and I am currently living in Germany.  By the end of august, I will go to Hungary to study there. 
So my personal country is germany, but I´m going to study in Hungary and I would like to get the students spotify account, but the program SheerID won´t find my University, furthermore they cant find the website to verify it. 
At last, I can´t change my country to Hungary, so it would maybe work, but this isn´t working too.

Does somebody know, what to do?

Thanks in andvance,

Failix96

1 Reply

Hey there @Failix96,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! Don't worry we're here to help 🙂

If you currently have a Premium subscription you have to cancel it and wait for the account to revert to Free. You can then change your country settings.

If you're already on Free, we suggest that you try changing your country settings via a private or incognito browser. Keep in mind that you have to actually be in the country you want to switch to. Otherwise it won't appear. 

After this you can start your student Premium subscription. The payment method must match the country so you'll need a Hungarian one.

If you don’t see your university on the SheerID list it's not supported at the moment. You can request to add it here or reach out to SheerID for more info. Note that it can take at least 30 days for SheerID to get back to you.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

Have an awesome day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts