1 person liked this

Cant connect my account correctly with mail and facebook

user-removed
Not applicable

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

Hi,

after three hours of browsing support centre and community i am pretty frustrated. And all i wanted is to connect my account both with e-mail and facebook.

My old account was connected to my old facebook. I wanted to connect it to my new one. Spotify support navigated me to the only option - to cancel my spotify account and make a new one. So I unsubscribed and canceled my account.

I made a new one via facebook and subsribed it to premium instantly. Now i have an account connected to my new facebook, but soon i learnt that i cant add to it my email adress, nor username etc. Spotify support again navigated me to the only option - to cancel my spotify account and make a new one. So I unsubscribed and wanted to cancel this account. But spotify support didnt cancel it and wrote to me that i should try to look for help on their support page or here.

Now i have two account:

1. registered with email, free (without option to connect it to my facebook)

2. registered with facebook, premium (without option to connect it to my email)

All i want is to have my account registered with my email and connected to my facebook.

Spotify, i will eagerly provide you with any information you need to solve this problem.

Thanks.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Cant connect my account correctly with mail and facebook

Rock Star 2
Rock Star 2

Hi @user-removed,

Because you have the Premium account connected to your Facebook, you won't be able to successfully complete the connection to your account with the Free plan.

In order to connect your Facebook with your e-mail registered account, you need to first cancel the subscription on that account, and once you're back on free plan, close it.

After you close the account you should be able to connect your free account with Facebook, you can find more information here.

Let me know how it goes! :)

BruneliciaRock Star 2
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS