Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant edit account details

Solved!

Cant edit account details

Hi everyone,

I'm having issues with my account. First of all my displaying name is something like asfa6gsa6dgd7s6h8e7tn9v7s86 , and furthrmore my birthdate is some weird date from 2019 and so on.

The only thing I am able to change on the EDIT PROFILE page is my phone number, which still doesnt allow to change birth date, gender etc.

Any takers? 🙂

Best regards!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Koval1,

thanks for reaching out !

To answer your first remark, usernames generated these days are a mix of numbers and letters for security reasons. 

If your account was initially created through Facebook, you can visit your account overview page here, scroll down to find the "Privacy" tab and click on "Process my Facebook data".

However, if your account is email based, unfortunately the username cannot be changed - if you wish to change it, you'll have to create a new account and use a display name under "How should we call you" on the sign up process.

To your next remark regarding changing your account details, please follow the steps provided on this help page.

Note: please use a PC or MAC in order to view all options

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Koval1,

thanks for reaching out !

To answer your first remark, usernames generated these days are a mix of numbers and letters for security reasons. 

If your account was initially created through Facebook, you can visit your account overview page here, scroll down to find the "Privacy" tab and click on "Process my Facebook data".

However, if your account is email based, unfortunately the username cannot be changed - if you wish to change it, you'll have to create a new account and use a display name under "How should we call you" on the sign up process.

To your next remark regarding changing your account details, please follow the steps provided on this help page.

Note: please use a PC or MAC in order to view all options

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Hi,

Problem is that I cant change my gender/birth date as they are greyed out
after pressing EDIT PROFILE button. Also - I have my Facebook data
processing switched on and it doesnt help either 🙂

Best regards

Hi @Koval1,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

If you're unable to change your personal details, it's likely you signed up to Spotify with Facebook. This means your Spotify account registered the personal details associated with your Facebook account, and due to technical reasons it's not possible to change those with Spotify. If you'd like, you can always sign up for a new account through Spotify and have your music to your new account by following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

If that doesn't help, you can also reach out to us by following the link here. This way, a member of our support teams will be able to take a look behind the scenes and help you update the gender registered on your Spotify account.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can't change my profile details. All I want to do is change my email. It seems I created my account through Facebook. My registered email is now non-existent. I have updated it on Facebook and it is not reflected in Spotify. As a result, whenever I post messages on this community I do not get emailed when someone replies to me.

I have tried to follow the help section for disconnecting my account from Spotify, but it doesn't work. In Settings under "Social" there is nothing at all and certainly nothing to do with Facebook.

I can't understand why it should be beyond the wit of man to change my email address or for Spotify to update my Spotify email when it changes on Facebook after all that's where you're getting my information from after all.

But if all this really is for some incredible reason just too much to ask for, why don't you let me add another email as the email to which I would like notifications from Spotify to be received?

Hi @MarkWilliams123,

thanks for posting !

As your account is linked to Facebook, i suggest you start by following the steps provided on this Spotify answer (ignore the title).

Plus, you can read more about the change of emails on this support page.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts