Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant log in on old version of spotify android

Cant log in on old version of spotify android

Hello there. I am using spotify since 1 year and i was the happiest man alive until yesterday. I have an verry old android phone which is samsung galaxy core 2 and I wanted to listen to some music but the moment i opened spotify and turned the music on spotify logged me out and after that i couldnt logged back in.  Im using a facebook account. And because my android is verry old im using an old version of spotify. I have tried anything i couldve read in the community but nothing helped. Spotify keeps telling me wrong acc or pass. But im 100 percent sure im not wrong cuz i can log in on my pc. Can someone help me. Im using that old version 2.2 of spotify since 1 year and no problems until now. But after that i decided to try other version of spotify on a newer android and i tried version 7.2.0 and still the same problem. After that i decided to update it to the newest and after that it worked. So can someone help me to log in on older version of spotify. Or spotify decided to stop maintanance or supports older versions i dont know.  Please someone helps me i really love spotify. Im really sorry for my english but i cant speak it well i hope you can understand me. But i really want spotify to works again. Thank you. 

2 Replies

Same problem here. Not sure what's happening...

They purposely made it where you cannot log in on any old versions of Spotify. Why? Because older versions contains the library feature which the latest version has it removed because it's no longer a feature you can have on your phone.

I'm having the same problem and if I download the newest version available, I can log in. But I no longer have access to the bands I follow. I can only listen to things on my playlist. And for that, I removed it from my phone and will never recommend Spotify to anyone.

Suggested posts