Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant log in through FB and reset password email isn't being received!

Solved!

Cant log in through FB and reset password email isn't being received!

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Macbook air, Samsung J7

My Question or Issue

Hi I really need help. Been using Spotify for a few years now with no problems but a few days ago I found that I was randomly logged out of Spotify on both my phone and laptop. 

When I tried to log in through FB it wouldnt let me and says I dont have a Spotify fb account connected (even though I DO and have been connected for months! Even FB shows the connection as active). 

Even worse, I am trying to reset my password to get in since I cant remember it and the reset passord email is not being delivered! It's saying it's being sent but it's not going to my inbox or spam.

If anyone can help I would truly appreciate it! I don't want to lose all of my music!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Mike785.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Sounds like something that our friends at support can help you with. They can take a look at your account backstage. You can find out how to contact them here.

Good luck! If you have further questions for us, let us know.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey there @Mike785,

and thanks for reaching out to the community !

Please try and log in (using an incognito web page) your account page online over at Spotify.com to see your account overview.

If you manage, please click "Sign Out Everywhere" as it assures you're logged out properly from all devices.

After you're logged out try logging in again to see if it helps.

In addition, if you account is FB linked, i suggest changing the password over on your FB account and then try to log back in, might do the trick.

Waiting on your update 😃

@OneByBoo

Thank you very much for your reply. 

I could not log in to my account as it won't accept the password. When I request a password reset, it says that it sent one but I never receive it! 

I changed my FB password and tried to log back in through FB but it still won't let me. 

When I try to log in through FB, my profile pic comes up and it says I ''previously logged in through FB'' and asks if I want to continue, then when I say OK it says I dont have a Spotify account connected! (Attaching pic). I even looked at my active apps connected through FB and it literally shows Spotify as active.

This is beyond frustrating. Close to giving up hope. If you have any more suggestions I would truly appreciate it! Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 10.00.46 AM.png

@OneByBoo

Here is the pic when I first try to log on on to FB. My profile pic comes up, then when I hit OK the sceen comes up telling me I dont have a FB account 😞

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 10.00.41 AM.png

Hey there @Mike785,

thanks for the quick update.

Sorry my first thread didn't help but don't give up! we'll make it work eventually.

I feel like there's a small connectivity or sync issue between the two due to changes you made or that were made on one of the accounts.

Please check out this help guide to see if you can find a answer using the steps provided on it.

I'm with you on this one, i'll do my best to help=)

@OneByBoo

Thank you! I'm at work at the moment but will give that a try tonight and see how it goes.

Many thanks!

@OneByBoo

I tried the steps you linked. They don't work. There is a double issue here.

1. I cant log in through my FB as its saying there is no account associated with it, even though there IS and I can prove it! Ive been logged in for months until a few weeks ago and my FB account even says Spotify is an active app.

2. For the last 2 weeks Ive been trying to reset my password and its told me that a passord reset has been sent. Then I don't receive any email (yes I have check the spam folders). Ive tried about 20 times to reset it. 

3. New development! Today it is not accepting the old email address at all. So when I try to do a password reset with the email address. it is using, it just says there is no account with that email (instead of saying that a password reset has been sent like it has said the last 2 weeks).

This is driving me crazy! My music is really important to me and I dont want to lose it all 😞 Is there someone at Spotify I can maybe talk to?? It seems that this is a very difficult problem! 

Thanks a ton for your help.

Marked as solution

Hey @Mike785.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Sounds like something that our friends at support can help you with. They can take a look at your account backstage. You can find out how to contact them here.

Good luck! If you have further questions for us, let us know.

Have a nice day.

Thank you @Guido...I will try to contact them. I really hope something can be done!

Suggested posts