Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone, Mac, PC

Operating System

(iOS, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I was logged out of all my devices and I can no longer use facebook to log in which was the only way I had to log into my account

When I try to sign in using my Facebook, it says

"Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area"

I've looked at the help area and tried the suggestions like re-installing the app but still can't log in. 

To make this post I had to use a new account. I don't know how I can attempt to recover my Facebook Linked account which had all my playlists and music on it

4 Replies

Hi there @maxcamp 

Thanks for reaching out. Is it only on your phone or PC that it doesn't work? Or the app in general? Can you log into the website, the account page for example? Consider trying this in an incognito window too. If you remember the email address on your account, you can also get yourself a Spotify password here and login normally.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Joan

Thanks for you reply

Unfortunately I can't log in from my phone or any other devices. I can only log into the app when I make a new account
When I try logging in the website incognito mode using my facebook, I get the same error "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area"

Whenver I've logged in the past I've used 'Log in with Facebook' and it takes me to a facebook window where I use my facebook email and pw to log into spotify

When I tried to recover my spotify pw and used my facebook email there was no account found, and it allowed me to make this account I'm using right now with my facebook email. so recovering pw and using my facebook email only recovers the pw for this account which is not my premium account that i'm locked out of.

When I search my full name on spotify I can see that the account is still active and I can see all my playlist and display picture so I know it's still there I just some how am not able to log in using the only method ive ever used (log in with facebook) and the email i use for facebook is some how being used for this account im using now and not my real account that im locked out of

Hey there @maxcamp

Thanks for the clarification. 

In this specific case, we suggest that you reach out directly to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a closer look at your accounts and further assist you with this. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 12 mini

Operating System

iOS 16.5

My Question or Issue

I have been having trouble logging in with my Facebook account even though a quick check says it's been active since 2012. How can I fix this problem?

Suggested posts