Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant' login - Error code 410

Cant' login - Error code 410

I just upgraded my free account to an unlimited account through the spotify website. However I am unable to login. When I use my facebook email adress combined with my current password I receive a notificationt that username and password are incorrect. If I use my my facebook email address with my old password (the one I set up my account with) the application opens, but on top of the screen the following notification appears: username and password not correct. error code 401. Please advise.

7 Replies

Im having sane issue with username rico255@GMAIL.com please help

I've been getting a 410 error for over a day now. I've reset passwords etc and nothing has helped. I saw there are service interuptions and they'd finished but I'm still affected. 

Please also display your news on something other than Twatter. Not everyone has it or wants to use it. 

Help please.

getting the error 410 message, says I'm using the wrong name or password. I'm not.

I've tried changing facebook password as suggested to other users with this same problem, not only did it not work but spotify refuses to recognise new password at all and will only attempt to log me in with old password.

Tried the password reset thing also, never received an email, currently relieved that I didn't sign up to the premium service yet.

Did you find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem, but the only thing I did was change my FB password.

Hi parkies - Just taken a look at your account and all is well on our end. Are you signing in with your FB email address and password?

It's definitely worth giving a quick clean reinstall a try: https://www.spotify.com/help/faq/tech/clean-reinstallation-of-spotify/

I have recently been encountering error 410 when trying to login to my spotify account that is my premier account.  The username for this account is jeffsurf86 and has many playlists that I have created.  This account is also currently being charged 9 99 a month.  The problem here is I don't know what old email I used to sign up with it and apparently I don't have the correct password.  I really need this resolved or need a way to contact Spotify in person so i can cancel my payment.  I refuse to pay for a service that I am unable to receive.  I love spotify and would like to continue to use it, but am finding it almost impossible to contact a Spotify team member.  Does anyone have any advice or is there a Spotify person that can contact me and help fix this problem.

Thanks

JD

Hey @user-removed ! Welcome to the community 🙂

I feel your pain, there is nothing more annoying than paying for something (especially music) which you can't get too! Don't panic, if you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will definitely be able to help you out and get your account back for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts