Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant login to Android app, despite being able to on browser, tried reinstalling and didnt work??

Solved!

Cant login to Android app, despite being able to on browser, tried reinstalling and didnt work??

Plan

Free, was going to buy Premium.

Country

USA

Device

Moto X4

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I want to buy premium. But when I tried logging in over mobile, it keeps saying my password is incorrect. The email sent to my account for resetting is considered "invalid", despite the original expiration would be 4 hours (My account name is dazdndcunfusd). When I tried to go on Firefox on my desktop, my password worked! So I uninstalled the app after clearing the storage and cache, and reinstalled it, only for the same issue! Please help.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi again Rene,

I actually just tried messing with my profile, and I added my phone number into my profile settings.  By adding my phone number, I was allowed to log in. Thank you for your help.

Best,

Daz

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi @dazdndcunfusd,

Indeed start with resetting your password. It's not clear if you succeeded in resetting the password since the link wasn't valid. So we first have to fix that. Copy the link from the email, open an incognito session in your browser and paste the link. Now you should be able to reset your password.

Check if the new password works by doing a login in the browser and check your account details.

Now try to logon with the app. If it doesn't work, maybe you can try another device, just to check if it is device related. The other device can be a mobile, tablet or desktop device.

Regards,

René 

Hi,

So ive reset my password, but I had to do it through the browser. I then typed the new password into the Spotify mobile(after reinstalling it again), and it still doesn't work. It also workrs on two computers, but i dont have any other mobile devices.

Hi @dazdndcunfusd,

Check this.

Regards,

René

Hi Rene,

Thanks for the resource, and it sounds like it could fix my problem, but I live in the US, have a US phone number, and (as far as I know) have a US phone. I don't know what I should change my country to, and dont want to make any erroneous mistakes.

Marked as solution

Hi again Rene,

I actually just tried messing with my profile, and I added my phone number into my profile settings.  By adding my phone number, I was allowed to log in. Thank you for your help.

Best,

Daz

Hi @dazdndcunfusd,

In the link i send you there were two solutions. Update the country and upgrade to premium. Since you are considering to get premium it could solve your problem. Did you get premium yet?

Regards,

René 

Hi @dazdndcunfusd

sorry, missed your last message so forget my last message.

Glad to hear it works.

Enjoy listening to led zeppelin and other stuff 😀

Regards,

René

Ok, I'm having de same issue. Even de phone model is the same. I put the phone number in my account and nothing happened. I'm in same country as set in my profile to. So, what I do now?

Hi @danricco,

Please create a new question over here

Things get a bit messy when I start commenting in a closed thread. 

Thanks,

René

Suggested posts