Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant pay for Spotify Premium for a Year with Credit Card(paysafecard is only option)

Cant pay for Spotify Premium for a Year with Credit Card(paysafecard is only option)

My one year payment for Spotify subscrition ended today and so I tried to buy another Year. I prefer paying one lump sum rather than having a rolling subscription. 

When I went to pay for a year using a credit card was not an option. The only option was paysafecard. I switched to the monthly subscription option and there is the option of credit card or paysafecard.

Why can I no longer buy a year with my credit card? This seem like a trick to get people to get people on a rolling subscription.

3 Replies

Well I'm having the same issue. My sub ended a few days ago and I was ready to pay for another yearly subscription and I don't even see a Paypal option? (My go-to route)

I am not familiar with "Paysafecard" nor do I want to. Seems to me you have jump through hoops to even purchase one of those things!

Went to the route of buying a yearly gift card to "give" to myself (which I've done in the past) and for the past few days since, my card has been rejected! SMH, Spotify: DO YOU NOT WANT MY MONEY?!

So yeah, I feel your pain my friend. Spotify over the years I've been noticing has a very and I MEAN VERY buggy payment interface. Their I.T department really needs to get going or else customers like myself WILL go somewhere else to spend. I'm going to try a few more times before I actually get physical with my PC **bleep**.

- A disgruntled customer

I'm in the same boat. I don't understand why using a credit card is good enough for a month to month membership but Spotify pushes users to "paysafecard" if the single payment each year option is selected. I figured it would be no big deal to do the paysafecard thing but they are like a gift card, with options to deposit in increments of $50.  I don't want to buy spotfiy with a paysafecard for a year because I don't want to put $150 on the card.

So... With the lack of any respopnse from anyone at Spotify and the fact that Pandora now has the option to build playlist, play offline, lets me pay for a year upfront and is cheeper when I do so. Basically all the reasons I switched from pandora to spotify 2 years ago are all things Pandora can do now.

I think I am going to go and try Pandora Premium for a year.

It seems silly to care about something small like this but little things matter. If Pandora premium does not live up I may consider coming back.

Suggested posts