Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant see my Facebook Friends on Spotify

Solved!

Cant see my Facebook Friends on Spotify

Hi .

I created my account on spotify using my facebook but when I try to view friends connected nothing appears.

None of your friends are on Spotify.

Any  help ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@JonnyCruz @user-removed @sarisari @skibum1981 @zab

Hey Guys and Gals

OK were going to try and troubleshoot this issue with you 🙂

Okay firstly could you guys please connect your Spotify accounts with your Facebook accounts?

To do this you need to head to the Spotify Desktop app and head to Spotify/Edit > Preferences > Social > Facebook and Connect to Facebook if it isn't connected.

Then, can you head to Activity > people to follow?

Here, you can click view all, and find all Facebook friends on Spotify.

Please let me know if anyone is still experiencing issues after doing all these steps 🙂

Have An Awesome Day! 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I tried this and it didn't change anything UNTIL I went back and
uninstalled Spotify from my computer, reinstalled and logged on using the
name I registered with (not by clicking "loggin with facebook") and then
going to preferences and connecting to facebook.

IT WORKS!!!! HALLELUJAH! I honestly had given up.

Thanks for that tip, it was the missing piece of my spotify problem-solving
puzzle.

Marked as solution

Thank you so much for your help! 

I know others in the Spotify world are having the same issue I had so here are solid, tested and true tips to getting your friends list to generate on spotify:

If Spotify is telling you "you have 0 facebook friends on Spotify" follow these trouble shooters:

1) Delete the Spotify app from your facebook

2) Uninstall Spotify from your computer and reinstall. Log onto Spotfiy using a user name and password, NOT through facebook

3) Go to preferences and connect to facebook

4) when prompted to login to facebook, make sure your profile for Spotify is public (this doesnt allow Spotify to post on your page)

My situation was a bit more complicated because I was a premium user and had playlists I wanted to keep. I had to contact Spotify Help Desk and have them make a new account with a different email, change my email on facebook to reflect that update, and then follow the steps above. They then transfered all my playlists and Premium status over to my new account.

It might take a few tries but it's worth it!

Marked as solution

Hi guys, 

I have resolved my problem removing Spotify as an app on Facebook and add again. 

Marked as solution

Hi,

Log out all your Spotify app inlcuding Spotify on iOS or Android, and all the Spotify Apps you have. 

And on the desktop version of Spotify at log in with your FB account without clicking the "Log in with Facebook" button, manual type in the account and password field.

This works for me =D

43 Replies

Hello @JonnyCruz, welcome to the community! 🙂

The reason you may not be able to see your friends on spotify is because they most likely did not connect spotify with facebook 🙂

I hope this helped 🙂

This reply would fall into the category of not at all useful.

I have nearly a thousand Facebook friends, several of whom I know have connected their accounts to Spotify, and I cannot see them either.  Signing out and signing back in does not help.  There is some kind of bug or setting that is off and I'm not sure what it is...

I am also having this problem... I am a premium user and am definitely connected through facebook on both ends, I sign into my spotify through facebook yet it says there is 0 friends on spotify.... which isn't true. I know we all use it. What's up spotify? 

Anything new on this?

unsolved for me.

I am having the exact same problem. No form I've found has an answer to this. 

Is there any solution to this problem? I'm encountering the exact same issue. On top of this, the tracks I listen to on Spotify don't appear in my Facebook feed. 

Hope Spotify staff are on top of this!

I've been through multiple emails with the help desk and they've reached no conclusion - I went as far as to set up a new account and they were helpful in transferring my music over. But that didn't fix the problem. Then they stopped responding! They have no fix for this so far. I'm a premium user but if I can't share and receive music I'm going to discontinue my account. I'm very disappointed.

Marked as solution

@JonnyCruz @user-removed @sarisari @skibum1981 @zab

Hey Guys and Gals

OK were going to try and troubleshoot this issue with you 🙂

Okay firstly could you guys please connect your Spotify accounts with your Facebook accounts?

To do this you need to head to the Spotify Desktop app and head to Spotify/Edit > Preferences > Social > Facebook and Connect to Facebook if it isn't connected.

Then, can you head to Activity > people to follow?

Here, you can click view all, and find all Facebook friends on Spotify.

Please let me know if anyone is still experiencing issues after doing all these steps 🙂

Have An Awesome Day! 🙂

I have tried all of this. Nothing works.

Things I've tried:

- Preferences > Social > Facebook and Connect to Facebook - nothing.
- Deactivated and reactivated my facebook connection on Spotify
preferences- nothing.
- Removed Spotify from my computer, reinstalled and resigned in through
Facebook - nothing.
- Removed, reinstalled and changed my email that is connected to
Facebook and made a new account using that email linked to my Facebook -
nothing.

The problem is, when I go to my "find friends" tab, it generates no one and
says "you have 0 facebook friends on spotify" which is not true. Here's the
weird thing though .... I have another Facebook account I use for work. To
try something new, I used the exact same method of signing up for Spotify,
only with that email and VOILA! The friends list automatically generated. I
cannot use that account for Spotify though so this does me no good. WHY is
this any different? It makes zero sense. The only thing I can think of is
it's something with my Facebook settings and not with Spotify. What could
that be though?

Hello @user-removed

The email team has replied to you and will be happy to continue helping you 🙂

Another step to try with this would be to try removing Spotify as an app on Facebook.

On Facebook, head to Settings > Apps, then click the cross next to Spotify to remove the app.

When you next try to connect Facebook or log in with Facebook, it should be re-added as an app in Facebook.

I hope this helped! 🙂

Marked as solution

I tried this and it didn't change anything UNTIL I went back and
uninstalled Spotify from my computer, reinstalled and logged on using the
name I registered with (not by clicking "loggin with facebook") and then
going to preferences and connecting to facebook.

IT WORKS!!!! HALLELUJAH! I honestly had given up.

Thanks for that tip, it was the missing piece of my spotify problem-solving
puzzle.

Marked as solution

Thank you so much for your help! 

I know others in the Spotify world are having the same issue I had so here are solid, tested and true tips to getting your friends list to generate on spotify:

If Spotify is telling you "you have 0 facebook friends on Spotify" follow these trouble shooters:

1) Delete the Spotify app from your facebook

2) Uninstall Spotify from your computer and reinstall. Log onto Spotfiy using a user name and password, NOT through facebook

3) Go to preferences and connect to facebook

4) when prompted to login to facebook, make sure your profile for Spotify is public (this doesnt allow Spotify to post on your page)

My situation was a bit more complicated because I was a premium user and had playlists I wanted to keep. I had to contact Spotify Help Desk and have them make a new account with a different email, change my email on facebook to reflect that update, and then follow the steps above. They then transfered all my playlists and Premium status over to my new account.

It might take a few tries but it's worth it!

Marked as solution

Hi guys, 

I have resolved my problem removing Spotify as an app on Facebook and add again. 

It Works! 😄

This did not help. Still get the "None of your friends are on Facebook" message

I just did this and it didn't work for me. 😞

THIS worked for me! Thanks

This finally solved the issue for me, at least on my phone (how I mainly use Spotify).

I opened the Facebook app on my iPhone, selected "More" (bottom-right corner), scrolled down to Settings, chose Account Settings, then scrolled down to Apps. Clicked "Logged in with Facebook", chose Spotify, and scrolled down to Remove App. I didn't select the additional box to delete all posts, I just clicked "Remove".

I then opened the Spotify app on my iPhone, and relogged in with Facebook and accepted all terms (doesn't post on your behalf).

Went to share a song via "Send To" and all of my Facebook friends populated 🙂

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts